Respected Contributor

So many fashion items are becoming ridiculously high priced.  So now, I watch and then go look for similar items at Marshall's and TJ'S!!  And the quality is not as good as before.  Isaacs "PIMA" cotton shirts are not like the ones from about a year ago. THe new ones feel so slinky and cold to the touch.  I prefer the hefier cotton feel.  So I won't be buying those again.

Esteemed Contributor

@JJ_45 I saw that cardigan too and I also think that it is priced too high. Plus for me, I don't happen to like the pattern and I'm not a fan of the printed on one side cardigans.

This is a pass for me.  I don't know if QVC will raise their prices due to their new EZ pay deal but I do shop based on what I like AND price AND how much it costs for an item to be shipped to me.

Great post on your part. you did great research.

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl oh I so agree with you. I don't like the "feel" of the new ones at all. Plus they all have a really boxy cut which IMO isn't flattering. I feel like I am wearing a pillowcase.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you to those who complimented my research skills and post, lol. 

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that price is crazy. At Land's End, for example, that same amount of money will get you a really nice 100% supima cotton cardigan (and you'd get free shipping). Even compared to other clothing items from QVC it seems ridiculous. It's almost as much as I paid for this beautiful ombre sequin jacket from Bob Mackie this holiday season:

jacket.png

Sequin jackets were big this holiday. I saw them all over the department stores, going for double or more than that price above. They could have charged that for this jacket too and I would have understood, because the quality is great. In 30 years, this jacket will still look as good as it does today. It's like some amazing piece you'd find in a vintage shop, very much a "they don't make 'em like this anymore" piece. A cotton-rayon blend cardigan, no matter where it's from or whose name is on it, will never stand that same test of time. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Am I missing something?

[ Edited ]

Yep, I have a similar Isaac cardigan in my wardrobe same pattern from a few years ago....and I can find similar items in local Department Stores and online at much LOWER prices..... 

QVC is not being realistic and they are pricing themselves out of the market place....They keep comparing their prices to high priced Boutiques and Very High End Department Stores which are struggling to stay in businesss.....SMH!!!!  (This mentality has got to stop!!!)  Apparently they need to take a long hard look at what prices are available in the retail world.......AND what and where customers are actually BUYING and willing to PAY!!! (and no what they are doing now is NOT working for them.....because their sales/revenues are declining!)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I agree that QVC has priced themselves out of my pocketbook.  If they had high quality items, maybe..... but no.   Makes me wonder what customers are they trying to attract?  Definitely not me. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I think $71 now, then it will be on sale for $59.99, then finally on clearance for $45.00. Which, in my opinion, is what the real price should be. 

Super Contributor

@JJ_45 wrote:

That's pretty close to what I was thinking, what with the new 'easy pay on every item every day' offering. I was wondering if this is a sign of things to come, if they'll jack up the prices on clothes across the board now that everything is on easy pay all the time. It won't fool me, I rarely use easy pay. I'm sure I'm not the only one who looks at the total price either. 

Agree!!  I have some items from Isaac's line and I am pleased with the quality of them. Anytime I see something I like from him, it goes to my wish list to wait for a price reduction and/or free shipping. Probably going to purchase one of his cardigan today for this reason...free shipping and it has gone down in price. I am no longer paying full price for things or buying them at first sight.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Respected Contributor

I buy most of my clothes from Talbots when they are on sale.  I have had pieces in my closet for years and because they are a classic design they continue to be wearable. The Isaak sweaters at $71.00 are a bit low for a regular Talbots price, but when reduced to 40-50% Talbots is less expensive. I wouldn't spend $71.00 on that particular sweater, but we have the option to purchase or not. 

Frequent Contributor
I was going to say that I have bought many of these type cardigans from Isaac and paid no more than $55.00? Wow! I usually paid about $45.00 or so. No more for me. I love his cardigans because in late Spring I can wear them with cute capri’s and not be too hot.