Occasional Contributor

I was just browsing the new arrivals section and I saw this cardigan from Isaac Mizrahi.

cardigan1.png

Just a floral cardigan like he's done several times before, nothing wrong with it but didn't really 'grab' me. That price did, however. $71? It must be made of some special fabric, I thought. Nope, it's 60% cotton 40% rayon. 

It's available in the black and white and this pink/red, and you can see the inside is just that kind of cheap-looking white:

cardigan2

Am I missing something? How is this a $71 cardigan? I have a couple of floral cardigans from him that look pretty much just like this. One is 70% cotton/30% nylon and the other is 75% cotton/25% nylon. 

cardigan3.jpg

cardigan4.jpg

I checked my order history and I purchased the yellow/blue one last May for $48.78. I couldn't find the blue one in my order history but judging by the product videos on QVC's YouTube channel, it first aired on August 22nd 2017, so I bought it either in late 2017 or early 2018, and the price upon first airing was $54.12. I know I didn't pay more than that. 

Sorry to go on at such length, but, again, am I missing something here? Why the $71 price tag for what looks to me like a pretty basic Isaac piece that he's done before, in the same quality?

Respected Contributor

Yes, I agree - very overpriced.  I have seen nearly identical sweaters at Kohl's for much less.

Honored Contributor

Because they can price it at that price and people buy with ezpay 

and $70 is too high when. Compared with similar items in the stores

Occasional Contributor

That's pretty close to what I was thinking, what with the new 'easy pay on every item every day' offering. I was wondering if this is a sign of things to come, if they'll jack up the prices on clothes across the board now that everything is on easy pay all the time. It won't fool me, I rarely use easy pay. I'm sure I'm not the only one who looks at the total price either. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, he used to design and offer these at Target - when he had a line there, same identical cardigan, just different colors and patterns. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

Is he dragging designs out from the vault?  I remember Isaac bringing these extremely similar style floral cardigans to QVC nearly every week, a few years ago.   

Honored Contributor

@JJ_45 wrote:

That's pretty close to what I was thinking, what with the new 'easy pay on every item every day' offering. I was wondering if this is a sign of things to come, if they'll jack up the prices on clothes across the board now that everything is on easy pay all the time. It won't fool me, I rarely use easy pay. I'm sure I'm not the only one who looks at the total price either. 

Listening to the news the other day, a financial consultant said that some people in the financial world are thinking that the next crisis (like the housing crisis) will come from all these payment plans everyone has going now.

Respected Contributor

The price is the price so I consider how much wear I will get from an clothing item & if I really need it...then I buy or move on. 

Respected Contributor

This is happening with everything on QVC. They are raising the prices too high. Their Quality Value & Convenience means nothing anymore.

Respected Contributor

@JJ_45 It's possible that the $71.00 price tag is the QVC price and QVC expects to lower the price soon. It's sad to see how QVC transitioned from low prices everyday to the gimmicky on/off sale events of brick-and-mortor stores they initially tried to distinguish themselves from. 

I commend you for your excellent post. The images in your post, the embedded link, your sleuthing on YouTube...you know more about QVC's inventory of products than probably many who actually work for QVC: they should hire you.