Respected Contributor

Re: Ad Running for new Hosts

@wilma wrote:

I find it a bit disingenuous to advertise for new hosts after laying off hundreds of employees and a few hosts last year.  I'm glad for QVC's current employees. Never like to see people lose jobs. It just bothers me a bit to see them looking for new hosts so soon after what happened last year. Maybe they're just wanting to replace TJ & Stacey? Or maybe others are leaving that we don't know about yet? It's just not a "good look" IMO. 

Remember, it's business. They let 400 go, one of which was a nephew of mine who worked for them many years as an attorney. I hate to see anyone lose their jobs but it's happening to people everywhere as a cost cutting measure.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 

It' the way business has operated since.....forever...

In good times they hire. In bad times, they let people go.

And those "times" can be dictated by many things....changing customer preferences, poor business decisions, over hiring when things are "good", or any number of things.

Every large corporation out there that you can name has let people go at one time or another.....

And then they hired people back.

I don't get why people think Qurate holds a patent on laying off, hiring, or firing.

They have hundreds of job openings on thier website....And I'd bet there were people who USED to work in those jobs who are being replaced, for whatever reason...

(   Go to Qurate Retail Group...Career Categories drop down menu...give it a second to load the jobs as you pick from the different job categories with current openings on the drop down menu!!!).

Plenty of WFH jobs in some states too ( you have to live in those states) for Customer Service jobs...Thought that was interesting!

Super Contributor

I've never seen the last 3 hosts they hired. I never watch QVC2 and this seems to be where they put new hires

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 wrote:

@wilma wrote:

I find it a bit disingenuous to advertise for new hosts after laying off hundreds of employees and a few hosts last year.  I'm glad for QVC's current employees. Never like to see people lose jobs. It just bothers me a bit to see them looking for new hosts so soon after what happened last year. Maybe they're just wanting to replace TJ & Stacey? Or maybe others are leaving that we don't know about yet? It's just not a "good look" IMO. 

Remember, it's business. They let 400 go, one of which was a nephew of mine who worked for them many years as an attorney. I hate to see anyone lose their jobs but it's happening to people everywhere as a cost cutting measure.

@Catch71 

I definitely understand that. Sorry your nephew lost his job.  I've experienced it myself.

I was let go once because I was more expensive than the younger teachers on staff. Parents pitched a fit, and begged the school board and principal to make cuts elsewhere, and keep me on, but that didn't happen. This was a private school. Had I worked for public schools, my job would have been secure due to my seniority.

I still think it's unfair when experienced people lose jobs purely due to budget issues. In my case, there wasn't much to be done, but when CEOs make huge profits, and then claim they need to let go of employees to improve the bottom line, that really ticks me off. 

Best Wishes to You, Your Nephew, and Family. 🌈

Super Contributor

Katrina Szish is a newscaster on NEWSMAX in the afternoon. I think she was a reporter before she came to QVC. She does a very good job!

Respected Contributor

Let's see if they practice what they been preachin'.....oh my....a new 50 year old host!!!!!!!!!      Never happen. Lip service only.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@silkyk 

Of course it Depends ( Excuse the pun!!) on whether they can find a fierce enough over 50 candidate...

Maybe Malladroit has a sister who need a job.

I thought about applying.

I am fierce, I have a twisted sense of humor....dark some days, sarcastic others...I have to work on my toddler-humor (you know...pee and poop references...)

I picture myself striding into the HR office, smoking a cigar, slamming my butt down into the chair and spinning around two of three times.... then fist bumping the hiring manager hard enough to break his knuckles...

I'll throw  my feet up on the desk, my heavily  blue-veined legs knocking his family portrait off the corner of the desk....and announce that I have to sit this way ....as I describe  my rectal revelations in detail, and then describe the odd latent lactation that randomly occurs now that I'm post-50...

Exhaling a choking  blue cloud of rancid cigar smoke, I will pass gas, pick my nose, flick it at the interviewer, and declare they will NEVER find anyone as fierce as me, who is willing to display ALL the things QVC seems to think we older women are afflicted with...gas, pimples, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, and all the other things they are sure we suffer from after 50.

I will get up, point my finger like a pistol as I leave the room, and belch loudly ( lotta gas after fifty...why not embrace it and wear it like a badge of honor???)

As they call Security, I'll remind them that THIS is the Over 50 woman of today!!!

I dont' have a "head shot" or I'd apply today.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Othereeeenthat sort of behavior would make you a shoe in for the job. I am certain that a particular host, who shall remain nameless, got the position that way.😃

Honored Contributor

Maybe Shawn's hemorrhoids got the best of her and she will be gone.

Maybe the little elf ran out of stories about her

grown daughters.

Time for some fresh air and people who we will enjoy watching. One gal is old enough to retire. It happens to all of us.

Regular Contributor

TOOOOOO many aleady, yes!