Honored Contributor

Re: Ad Running for new Hosts

@Estellee wrote:

I guess it's a good sign if QVC is hiring more hosts, but why not bring back some that have been laid off.

@Estellee

I would have prefered they keep the more experienced hosts that were let go, but that's not happening. New hosts are less expensive. and maybe they can "mold them" into what they want? 

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I thought the first sentence was comical.

"The ideal host is a masterful storyteller with a passion for shopping and lifestyle products. They should possess a commanding presence along with high credibility and trustworthiness, which allows them to share product knowledge and information genuinely and confidently. Enthusiasm, sincerity, and genuineness are also essential traits for a successful candidate."

@rms1954 

The whole description is comical to me. Not interested in story telling. Some hosts definitely have a commanding presence, but the sincerity and trustworthiness isn't there for me as much anymore. I rarely watch anymore. I just check the website for things I might be interested in buying. JMO

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are still very much interested in hiring entertainers, actors and performers. 

The agent/talent manager/casting director who coordinates this recruitment is based in NYC and hires talent for Broadway,  commercials,  film and TV.

Qurate is now a television network, primarily streaming,  with hours of programming that needs to be filled.

Honored Contributor

I find it a bit disingenuous to advertise for new hosts after laying off hundreds of employees and a few hosts last year.  I'm glad for QVC's current employees. Never like to see people lose jobs. It just bothers me a bit to see them looking for new hosts so soon after what happened last year. Maybe they're just wanting to replace TJ & Stacey? Or maybe others are leaving that we don't know about yet? It's just not a "good look" IMO. 

Honored Contributor

I'm sure the 'new' hosts won't be making anywhere near the salaries of Dan and Caroline.

Super Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

"The ideal host is a masterful storyteller with a passion for shopping and lifestyle products. They should possess a commanding presence along with high credibility and trustworthiness, which allows them to share product knowledge and information genuinely and confidently. Enthusiasm, sincerity, and genuineness are also essential traits for a successful candidate."

@rms1954 

The whole description is comical to me. Not interested in story telling. Some hosts definitely have a commanding presence, but the sincerity and trustworthiness isn't there for me as much anymore. I rarely watch anymore. I just check the website for things I might be interested in buying. JMO

The last thing they need is another "storyteller."  

If you really think about the job description (credibility, product knowledge, trustworthiness, sincere, . . .), it seems they have several hosts already on staff who don't qualify. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why doesn't QVC just let the customers vote for the new hosts like Dancing with Stars. Have the hosts perform and then have the customers call in to vote for their favorite storyteller.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954 

So what happened to Katrina Szish, Katie MdGee and Albany Irvin?  I think all 3 checked all the boxes but they got rid of them.  

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@RescueLover wrote:
I enjoyed watching the new show with Dennis. I didn’t buy anything, but it was fun to watch. 🤗🤗😂

I give Courtney kuddos for pulling off the shows with Dennis.  I think she does her best to reel him in when he goes off on a tangent and its too much; like he did with the squirell nuts.  He would certainly make me nervous as a host with his interruptions like he is the only host.  I like him as a designer but not so much in this role.

@Catch71 I think just the opposite.  I think she let him talk ad nauseum and just stood there listening.  That's what he wants.  Ali corraled him and kept him within range, and you could tell he did not like that.  

Super Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954 

So what happened to Katrina Szish, Katie MdGee and Albany Irvin?  I think all 3 checked all the boxes but they got rid of them.  

I'm not sure about Katie, but I think Katrina and Albany left by choice.