Valued Contributor

When I go to recent items and scroll down to the bottom of the items that have been shown on tv, I am getting outside ads like mortgages, etc.  What the heck is QVC doing now that they have to sell space on the website for ads?  This is insulting.....QVC is one big ad in theirself without now shoving ads in our face?  This is an invasion of my privacy - I DO NOT want to see ads when I go to the QVC web page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

So why aren't you using an adblocker add on with your web browser if ads bother you so much?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

Why?  Because I am a 75 year old widow who doesn't know all the tricks  of a computer!!!!!  But that is beside the point, a person should not have to go on the QVC website - looking up items - and then run into advertisements because QVC has sold themselves to advertisers for  even more money!  If I go and look up my church bulletin on their web page I don't expect  to see advertisements......on a home page of my browser I expect advertising, but QVC is really one advertisement to begin with without trying to get me to re-fi my  mortgage!

Trusted Contributor

Thank heavens my ad blocker keeps me from seeing that!  Do have to say, that's pretty tacky on QVC's part!  Don't they make enough on their excessive shipping charges?

Honored Contributor

Ad Blocker is fantastic!

How about this?  I sell on eBay and pay to place listings so I can sell my items. On my listing page (the page the customers see) eBay places other ads from other eBay sellers and sponsored ads (outside sources) and then tells the customer.... if you don't find what you're looking for, check these offers!!

Outrageous, right?  My listing, my ad and I pay for it and eBay places like ads right there for the customer to see, and maybe buy from someone else..... Woman Tongue

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

@grooms

I completely agree with you.  And those who say you should just get Ad Blocker -- what the heck?  We have to change the channel, mute, and now get Ad Blocker?!?!!?  What happened to the QVC that actually used to be enjoyable?!?!?!

I'm also not liking the big banner of the item-on-air information at the bottom of the television screen that I'm seeing today.  Seriously QVC -- why can't you just leave things be?  Ever heard the old saying '' it it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

Seems like every change they make is a bad one - at least in my humble opinion.

Trusted Contributor

I always loved doing my shopping on the QVC website.  Now that there are ads annoying me, I may stop.  I have tried to search a page on here three times just now and only ads pop up.  Why would you allow ads on this website.  PLEASE TAKE THEM OFF!

Trusted Contributor

I have blockers turned on and do not experience this with other websites.  I'm tired of trying to block things, which can result in things I want being blocked.  I never had to do it before.  

Trusted Contributor

One more comment - many times recently I can't get the picture of the item to change when I click the choices.  Maybe the ads are interfering with the functions of the website.  Who knows?  Why don't you try fixing what needs to be fixed on the website (this is a recent problem) instead of adding more clutter and junk.  Also, quit with the contests blocking the main page.  If I want to enter your contest, I will without it blocking the entire screen every time I log on.  Put it to the side and I'll click on it if I choose to.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am not seeing any ads on my android phone or my laptop.