Respected Contributor

Re: A rather bizarre product demo!

Outrageous! As another poster pointed out, a person could at least move to a restroom to take care of business. I wonder which ad worker thought of this gem!

Honored Contributor

It was one of the most ridiculous product demos I have ever seen!

Even the name -- Sphynx -- for bald kitty, according to the vendor last night.  I think they tap danced on that double entendre; not subtle at all.

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

As bizarre as it sounds, it actually happened in the office where I worked.  The air conditioning went out and a coworker wanted  to take off her blazer but she hadn't shaved under her arms.  She had a camisole on underneath so she went to the nearest drugstore down the street on her break to buy a  razor and there she was in her cubicle shaving her underarms.

OMG!  It takes all kinds!  @Pook

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

I had someone cut their toenails at their desk...

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I had someone cut their toenails at their desk...

I have had the misfortune of seeing this also. That shared vacation ad they are running on TV now with the hairy soap bar gags me too...

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

Outrageous! As another poster pointed out, a person could at least move to a restroom to take care of business. I wonder which ad worker thought of this gem!

Probably a Millenial dude who's clueless about office etiquette, and women's grooming, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I happened to see it -- nothing surprises me anymore after seeing SK shaving her underarms on TV and doing her awful feet for the viewers.

Honored Contributor

When I lived and worked in England, I was in a big, multistorey office where we had desks, but no cubicles or separating walls - so very "open plan".  Desks were against each other and arranged in blocks of four.  (You were each sitting beside one other person and facing another.)

One guy who came to work there as a contractor would routinely come in from his lunch break (presumably having walked?), unbutton his shirt and apply deodorant!

The first time I saw it, I had to look twice to make sure I wasn't imagining it.  And even when it was suggested to him that he could do that in the restroom?  He didn't see an issue with it and just carried on.  Total weirdo with no social awareness.  And not even good at his job!  Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

That was an extremely gross presentation but then S.K. will do anything for a buck..LOL

What really grosses me out is for someone (usually a man) to blow their nose really loud in a restaurant, there goes the appetite.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Contributor

So Funny....my laugh for the day.