Trusted Contributor

Re: A BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND, MORE THAN A BLENDER, AND EVEN A COMPUTER

I look forward each week to your posts, SPURT! So entertaining, I really enjoy them. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

Spurt, once again, you've outdone yourself! I don't even bother to check the program guide since your preview says it all AND I get a few good laughs while reading! Thanks! I also love the kitty with the blue wig...so purrfect!
Esteemed Contributor

I can't believe the cat is actually sitting in water. I've heard some cats like water, but any cat I had never did. I have to work this weekend, so I'll be missing the shows. I probably could tape them, but why? There haven't been any photos of Jasper lately; maybe he's taking a vacation. That one cat does look like Star Jones.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

On 8/15/2014 teganslaw said:

I can't believe the cat is actually sitting in water. I've heard some cats like water, but any cat I had never did. I have to work this weekend, so I'll be missing the shows. I probably could tape them, but why? There haven't been any photos of Jasper lately; maybe he's taking a vacation. That one cat does look like Star Jones.

YES !!!!! {#emotions_dlg.lol} {#emotions_dlg.lol} {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

On 8/14/2014 stevieb said:

Uh, about this weekend... Just take a gander at the look on that fabulous, fabulous face... and, well, my sentiments exactly...

If that's all there is my friend, then let's keep dancing... Let's break out the booze and have a ball, if that's all... there is.

Wink

I might, MIGHT try to catch the Klondike redux, you know, since it's on tomorrow... a work day... you know, so they could program all this scintillating, uh, stuff... on the weekend... Other than that, well, no, nothing, zilch... They've done beauty to death, right along with that freakin' blender and you know, when it gets right down to it, it IS just a blender... Though, as I've said before, I am really, really cravinQVC's g an onion, turnip, rutabaga and yogurt smoothie...

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

That chef kitty does have such a sweet face.....Kiss He reminds me of a neighbor's kitty when I was a kid, the cat was a big orange buff colored cat named "Pinky"....I don't know where they got that name....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I was wrapping gifts and doing other things to prepare for my friend's birthday and I had QVC's Klondike Gold Days on in the background.....JRT can only be tolerated for so long, and then when David M. was constantly there as we say in our office "he made a guest appearance to justify his job".....and praise all the qwap he brought out....those elongated twisted earrings were just another variation of those other elongated earrings that they've been showing since 2010.....then the turquoise parade ..... many overpriced items ....and come on David I see the new "hit" is Byzantine ....a real YAWNER.....so I switched it for a time the NFL preseason with Tom and the gang against the Eagles---Pats won!!! I did switch it back to the Q with Lisa hosting...but nothing of interest.....and I bet the Q's PTB will just sit in puzzlement why their jewelry is not a success and sales continue to decline....oh yes there were sell outs but that's because the quantities were limited or they take "advance order" to prevent them from having an inventory sitting in the warehouse.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

But even as bad as the jewelry was it's nothing compared to this weekend lineup....OY!!!! My TV channel definitely won't be dialed anywhere near the Q.......

I know beauty has been the Q's big cash cow....but come on---they cram their weeknight lineup with it, and their "fashion" shows are filled with beauty products....still not enough I guess, so let's devote full day on the weekend!!!! Maybe after errands are run and chores taken care of you might want to sit down and relax put your feet up and watch some TV---it seems like prime time would be a good time to lure prospective buyers to the Q after all, the cable shows are dismal especially on Saturday....But NO!!!! There's no common sense with either their buyers or programmers...they must think, hey let's not put anything interesting on....let's SCARE them away for GOOD!!! I think of ShopNBC...err Shop HQ as "the watch channel"....and Q has got to have earned a reputation as nothing but vacuums, blenders, beauty, ortha, or computers/tablets...or same ole kitchen stuff with ITKWD...Yep Peggy Lee sing it.....{#emotions_dlg.glare} And Hey QVC, don't "Cry Me A River" as Crystal Gayle would sing because your sales stink QVC....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 8/15/2014 teganslaw said:

Hey Tegan......

Oh yes some cats DO like water......my cat, Figgy, likes to steal bits and pieces of my floral arrangements and drop them in her water dish, then fish them out. And my DS's cat loves loves loves water....the cat would dump her water dish over and play with the water...my sis got tired of cleaning the water up so she put a little water in the bath tub and put some cat toys that float and that silly cat just loves to play in the water with those toys.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Cats are supposed to be good swimmers too...

The only pix of Jasper was the one I did a couple weeks back where Jasper was staring at the Christmas ornaments.....I guess Mary does not want "the fame" to go to his head....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I just want to thank EVERYONE for their support of my weekend previews...thanks for all your kind words....

Honored Contributor

On 8/14/2014 LuvMySpaniels said:

I will never get to sleep tonight ... that white STAR TREK cat scared me. Oh ... need to shut this computer down quickly.

Thanks Spurt!

Hi Luvmyspaniels.....the cat is a Sphynx cat.....they are "hairless" cats, only have a bit of fuzz but no fur.....if you go to a cat show there's usually a few representatives of the breed being shown. Not a favorite breed of mine, but he does look like he would fit right in with Star Trek series, perhaps an alien from a planet run by cats.......{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Sorry it scared you Wink

Honored Contributor

On 8/14/2014 katiescarlett said:

SPURT, I could not believe it when I saw the TSV is another IMTAB!{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Speaking of TSV's, I read a little of a thread about the soapless shampoo TSV coming and that now he is pushing the line with the help of a poor horse! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} It is bad enough that my beloved Labs are part of the schtick, but now horses, too!{#emotions_dlg.scared}

and yet there's no love for FELINES!!!! I think cats could use some publicity {#emotions_dlg.mad}.....with the horse thing, I think it's just another sales gimmick ....after all a lot of people will tune in for any QVC show involving animals....the promo with the sheep received rave reviews....Wink

Speaking of horse products.....my aunt's neighbor used to use the horse hoof stuff on her finger nails.....she said it was better than any human nail product out there.....and the person at the nail salon used to complement her on her nails too....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 8/16/2014 SPURT said:
On 8/14/2014 stevieb said:

Uh, about this weekend... Just take a gander at the look on that fabulous, fabulous face... and, well, my sentiments exactly...

If that's all there is my friend, then let's keep dancing... Let's break out the booze and have a ball, if that's all... there is.

Wink

I might, MIGHT try to catch the Klondike redux, you know, since it's on tomorrow... a work day... you know, so they could program all this scintillating, uh, stuff... on the weekend... Other than that, well, no, nothing, zilch... They've done beauty to death, right along with that freakin' blender and you know, when it gets right down to it, it IS just a blender... Though, as I've said before, I am <em>really,</em> <em>really</em> cravinQVC's g an onion, turnip, rutabaga and yogurt smoothie...

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

That chef kitty does have such a sweet face.....Kiss He reminds me of a neighbor's kitty when I was a kid, the cat was a big orange buff colored cat named "Pinky"....I don't know where they got that name....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I was wrapping gifts and doing other things to prepare for my friend's birthday and I had QVC's Klondike Gold Days on in the background.....JRT can only be tolerated for so long, and then when David M. was constantly there as we say in our office "he made a guest appearance to justify his job".....and praise all the qwap he brought out....those elongated twisted earrings were just another variation of those other elongated earrings that they've been showing since 2010.....then the turquoise parade ..... many overpriced items ....and come on David I see the new "hit" is Byzantine ....a real YAWNER.....so I switched it for a time the NFL preseason with Tom and the gang against the Eagles---Pats won!!! I did switch it back to the Q with Lisa hosting...but nothing of interest.....and I bet the Q's PTB will just sit in puzzlement why their jewelry is not a success and sales continue to decline....oh yes there were sell outs but that's because the quantities were limited or they take "advance order" to prevent them from having an inventory sitting in the warehouse.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

But even as bad as the jewelry was it's nothing compared to this weekend lineup....OY!!!! My TV channel definitely won't be dialed anywhere near the Q.......

I know beauty has been the Q's big cash cow....but come on---they cram their weeknight lineup with it, and their "fashion" shows are filled with beauty products....still not enough I guess, so let's devote full day on the weekend!!!! Maybe after errands are run and chores taken care of you might want to sit down and relax put your feet up and watch some TV---it seems like prime time would be a good time to lure prospective buyers to the Q after all, the cable shows are dismal especially on Saturday....But NO!!!! There's no common sense with either their buyers or programmers...they must think, hey let's not put anything interesting on....let's SCARE them away for GOOD!!! I think of ShopNBC...err Shop HQ as "the watch channel"....and Q has got to have earned a reputation as nothing but vacuums, blenders, beauty, ortha, or computers/tablets...or same ole kitchen stuff with ITKWD...Yep Peggy Lee sing it.....{#emotions_dlg.glare} And Hey QVC, don't "Cry Me A River" as Crystal Gayle would sing because your sales stink QVC....

Chef Kitty sort of reminds me of my last tom cat... he was a red head and had a big pumpkin face too, though he had longish fur... So anyway, I guess I'm partial!

Oh gosh yes, it's best to try Jane only in small doses. Otherwise, like that man... sedatives might be required. As noted elsewhere, yes, we're being treated to the all new Q's one-trick pony programming and merchandise experience. Jewelry henceforth for the foreseeable future shall be all about Sleeping Beauty and Byzantine... Frankly, I can't see why they go to such lengths to fawn all over DM. For heaven's sake, there's absolutely no creativity involved in continuing to procure the same thing over and over... I guess like that gigantic vat of drusy, the huge vat of black spinel ran dry. Now, we'll have to await the enormous vat of SB running out. And once it does, well, did you know the mine is closed...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

But yes, as noted elsewhere, I'll take the nicer jewelry because at least they don't do it very often UNLIKE that blender or all day beauty...

Didn't even know Tom was on, had I known, I might have tuned in for a few minutes... but have to say, I did watch a good bit of the gold finale, as I'd ended up watching very little earlier in the day. Also have to say though, after a couple of hours, it got old and I'd seen enough. Didn't buy a thing. As noted, the items I might have capitulated on were not deemed Easy Pay worthy, so I left them for others to enjoy. Of course, I see checking today that they're still in stock... Imagine that...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...