Respected Contributor

Re: $78 FOR TWO FRUIT PIES??

[ Edited ]

It amazes me that people will spend $100 on a face cream that promises miracles but yet will not spend $78 on two pies.  

To each their own I guess.

Image result for pie shaming pictures

Image result for pie shaming pictures

Valued Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Some people aren’t that good with money.  I could spend less having my bakery make them to my specifications.

Agree I wrote in another post I believe what is making the higher prices is the shipping. Not taking away that these really look good plenty of fruit and probably taste like what some grandma's  made back in the 50's.

So sure if any one can get a local bakery to make a pies to your liking think you would go there before ordering online.

Really started thinking most of the bakeries I remember from years ago in my old neighbhood are non existing, finding bakeries where I live now are very few if any, mostly  in supermarkets only.

Respected Contributor

@Mimi NY "Really started thinking most of the bakeries I remember from years ago in my old neighbhood are non existing, finding bakeries where I live now are very few if any, mostly  in supermarkets only."

I also remember the bakeries of my childhood.  They actually made the dough, batter, etc. from scratch.  Now if you go to some bakeries everything is frozen.  They just thaw the dough, batter, etc. and put it in the oven.  

Esteemed Contributor

6rizat.jpg

Respected Contributor

At least I didn't shame people who use wire hangers.   That would be taking it too far.Smiley Surprised

Super Contributor

I could afford the price but no pie is worth that much. I can make a  decent pie with organic ingredients for so much less. In fact, I think I will!

Respected Contributor

these pies are grossly overpriced 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, that is expensive, but if it's a really fantastic pie, then they are worth the price.  Personally, I don't mind paying a higher price for something as long as it's really good.  

Trusted Contributor

Good for you!  Then it was worth the price.  I like hearing that.  I might buy them for the holidays.  Thanks for your input.

Esteemed Contributor

I love them!

I must be crazy!

I have a hole in my head!

I need to see a therapist!

I need to see a psychiatrist!