Esteemed Contributor

Re: $78 FOR TWO FRUIT PIES??

Clutching pearls and simultaneously eating pie!

Sounds dangerous!

Respected Contributor

Contributor

Not me! No way I would spend that on a pie or even two!  Two each their own I guess.  I know one thing tho, and thats if the Q sees others do not mind paying crazy prices they only will continue to sell or rise prices...  I personally never purchase food from the Q but I can understand if in a pinch and lotsa company coming (possibly) but nope ..not for me.

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Clutching pearls and simultaneously eating pie!

Sounds dangerous!

@Johnnyeager   These pies are to DIE FOR!!!  My dearest friend sent me a collection of them when I became very ill after just arriving in Florida. Had never heard of them but I'm telling you what....AMAZING IN EVERY WAY!  She ordered a 3 set of savory and a 3 set of dessert; everyone loved them. Her company uses them as corporate gifts and Christmas gifts for employees; she now sends them to those she holds close.

I've sent them to others when illness or when times where just.....hard. Everyone has raved about them.

Yes indeed, they are some dangerous pies!!

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

Do I think that's too much for a pie.... yes, but I've been known to buy a Louis Vuitton!  Is there purse shaming out there?  Yes.  Yes, there is, but if it's something you want and you can afford it, why not?  I believe that's everybody's right.  Those that don't want it because of price or whatever, that's fine but those that want it and are willing to buy it... go for it and enjoy the carp out of it!   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

That is totally out of line and the pies will not sell.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Some people aren’t that good with money.  I could spend less having my bakery make them to my specifications.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are so many exceptional fresh bakeries in the Chicagoland area....

So many great items never frozen all made daily.  Would never purchase that for the price.... not shaming anyone.... in a pinch you have to do what is necessary.  Maybe some  live in a food desert or dessert.  Shame on Q.

Super Contributor

This isn't a Shaming post! Who is shaming anyone ?

Oh the common names comming up and stirring the pot.... 

I totally agree that it is a high price indeed! One that I wouldn't pay, however .......if you want it and can afford it, go for it! 

Esteemed Contributor

6ri36c.jpg