Respected Contributor

Re: $70 for a nylon/spandex bra?

@HLP wrote:

@KKlim wrote:
@luvmybeetle..Good luck w/your surgery..

I've had open heart surgery, and you won't be wanting to put on a bra for awhile. You'll get a pillow to hold to your chest. I wish you a lot of good luck.And remember the time will come when you won't remmber it. But you'll wonder if that time will ever come.i just stopped wearing a bra, remember your the only one who knows you don't have one on. I'll say a prayer for you. Let us know when your back home and feeling comfortable. 

When I had open heart surgery, I wasn't able to go without a bra.  If I did, it felt like my chest was coming apart.  I wore a surgical bra for a few weeks until I was able to dress myself.  By then, I was fine with an underwire.  I still can't wear a front close bra ten years later.  It puts too much pressure on the spot where my sternum was cracked.

QVC didn't exactly make this price up.  These bras are $98 on the vendor's web site.  I would expect a bra to be nylon and spandex.  What else would a bra be made of?

Honored Contributor

I paid nearly that much for wachol bras--mastectomy ones--but then paid over $400 for the prosthetics to go in them-----well my insurance paid for them.Woman Embarassed

Respected Contributor

I wear Bali bras. The support ones and the comphy ones. 

Honored Contributor

I buy mine at Kohls or JCP...and they are less costly and super nice. I tried those kind you put on over your feet and pull up...did not like and donated themMan Wink

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller