Occasional Contributor

Re: 6 hours of Gourmet Holiday?

Certain hosts are always criticized about how they behave on the food shows. I would like to add Jane Brown to that list. She wasn't exactly professional today. I am entitled to my opinion. Thank-you

Occasional Contributor

I mean Jayne Brown.

Occasional Contributor

Perhaps there is some reasoning as to how hosts are paired.  I've rarely seen Julia, who was on today, but I knew almost immediately that I had to stop watching.  I make a real effort to only order when the host is not someone who mistakenly thinks that he or she is greater than he/she actually is.  There seems to be a lot of that going on.

Trusted Contributor

YAWN!!! INSTANT channel change. Six hours of RIDICULOUSLY OVERPRICED food. MAJOR RIP-OFF. EVERYTHING presented on Gourmet Holiday shows can be bought elsewhere for LESS.

Honored Contributor

@catter70   Of course they do - there is no way they'd not be passing on to us the buyers the shipping charges. It is unbelieveable the costs of most of the foods sold here - quantity divided by total cost. Unbelieveable!!!!!

Valued Contributor

I buy many food items from QVC because I prefer the single item packaging on steaks, burgers, fish.  Since I am alone it is more convenient.  With food increasing in price I waste very little.  I have noticed the food items presented are getting a bit strange for my taste.  Too many bags of snacks  in flavors I would not try especially at the prices.  Too many cans of liquids.  I also HATE the fact that those able to consume larger quantities can save $20 plus dollars simply because they can store or eat four dozen as opposed to two dozen.  One comment about hosts' attire.  It may feel like fashion to wear jeans that are frayed and full of holes and a sweater that is sloppy but it did not help the food look appetizing.  Make an effort to look like you care about appearance.  I still buy many QVC food items but now also buy from Goldbelly and Schwans.  If you want a terrific crab cake try Goldbelly.  Good food at a decent cost try Schwans.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper  My program guide is showing Jayne and Rick through 6PM. I just sat down to watch, and you are right. It's Rachel and Julia. Sorry to have missed Jayne and Rick. I really like Jayne presenting anything.

I gave it a shot, but this duo was JUST as bad.  Didn't stay on very long.

It was mentioned it was her first Gourmet food show, so apparently a lot of squealing was needed.

Would have watched with Jayne!

I was very tempted by the burgers, I had them before and LOVED them.  However, due to price increases, I am not treating myself to higher priced items any longer.

Pretty soon, I'll be back to Ramen, if I can even afford that!   LOL

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Mimi NY 

I did turn it on with hopes of Jayne, MBR, anyone else!

See my previous post, for me, Julia was just as bad....and when Rachel is with anyone...she isn't the same as when she is solo.

At the time I tuned in, it was not a show I would continue watching....only the duo had changed, but I found the behavior to be the same.

BTW-I'm a Mimi in Buffalo!   LOL

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

If you MUST WATCH QVC and don't like the gourmet shows, switch to Q2.  Very simple.

Or fox news

Valued Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@catter70   Of course they do - there is no way they'd not be passing on to us the buyers the shipping charges. It is unbelieveable the costs of most of the foods sold here - quantity divided by total cost. Unbelieveable!!!!!

A lot of people don't do as you and I do and do a little math and figure out the price per lb. or by count and just go by the total price. Sometimes I am shocked at the prices.