Respected Contributor

This show must be very profitable, I assume. To me it is quite tedious and overpriced.

Respected Contributor

Re: 6 hours of Gourmet Holiday?

I noticed that the cakes have increased significantly in price.  It seems that the shipping is "free" but the prices are higher.

Valued Contributor

Six hours of playing and mushing the food. Big turnoff for me. And way overpriced

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't watched a Gourmet Holiday show in I couldn't tell you when. Not the least bit interested. A real instant channel changer for me! 

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesdays are usually food or kitchen appliance days to tie into In the Kitchen with David.

Respected Contributor

Not in my budget. I bet the "free" shipping is just added in with the cost of the item.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MrSour wrote:

Six hours of playing and mushing the food. Big turnoff for me. And way overpriced

Yes, like when they smush and poke at the steak, showing how juicy it is.  Carnivores in the audience must be drooling.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to love the gourmet food shows.  I have ordered a lot of  food from QVC.  I don't consider my purchases over priced at all.  I am still on AD for the salmon and bagels.

Prices are up EVERYWHERE!!!!!

However, a while back they matched up 2 hosts that are just not a good fit, acting extremely childish, giddy with continual talking over each other and the vendor.

I don't mind showing me the tenderness, flakiness, etc of food, after all, how are they supposed to sell it?  They need to convince us it is top quality.

However, these 2 hosts act like children.

Therefore, since I now never know who is hosting.....I don't even turn it on.

Thus, haven't tried any new food in a very long time.

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped    Me, too.   But I have a huge list of other kinds of shows or vendors that could disappear from the air and I'd never miss them.

I have never wanted to buy everything any retailer offers.  I see no reason a TV shop should be any different.

Valued Contributor

Every Wednesday