Frequent Contributor

I was just looking at the program guide on Directv for Sunday. 12+ hours of Susan Graver???  12 Hours dedicated just for her and then an AM Style in which you know there will be at least another half hour dedicated just to her.

What ever happened to a variety on any given day?  I can hardly watch the channel anymore anyway, this is just another glaring reason why.

I just don't get it...................

Respected Contributor

I suppose I shouldn't say it, and may get poofed, but it seems to me that the Q is getting a little desperate for vendors.  Also, they definitely seem to be going more and more to those brands they own, where profits are more in-house.  

There are so many other on-line vendors now, many offering a much wider variety and more freebies like free shipping. Competition for America's on-line shopping dollar is getting stronger every day.  I don't know how a company offering a more narrow group of vendors can survive the competitioon in today's marketplace.

Honored Contributor

Doesn't she have the TSV tomorrow?  TSV presentations always monopolize the programming schedule....especially on Sundays, it seems.

Honored Contributor

Hi @kittymom56. This has been an ongoing discussion on other forums too...Beauty especially. I don't think other clothing lines are doing well & I have a suspicion that Q has a "stake" in SG's profits. She is on way too often. I just watch HGTV or something else when she's on.

Esteemed Contributor

I would rather have her on....it seem this past week that Amazon pad was on for at least that amount of time....and also that Shark (?) steamer??..............overkill

Valued Contributor

I would rather watch the super bowl. At least the commercials will be entertaining.

Respected Contributor

Clarks.  How many hours on Saturday, 02/04?

Respected Contributor

Re: 12 + Hours???

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

Hi @kittymom56. This has been an ongoing discussion on other forums too...Beauty especially. I don't think other clothing lines are doing well & I have a suspicion that Q has a "stake" in SG's profits. She is on way too often. I just watch HGTV or something else when she's on.

A number of years ago - probably 20 at least - I had a phone call from QVC asking my opinion of Susan Graver's line.  I asked why they were calling and the person on the other end indicaated that they were considering buying out her line.  I believe they did, and I am pretty sure that's the reason she is on so often.  Just my opinion, but I believe they do "own her".  Also suspect that they bought LOGO as well, but again it's just MHO. Wish they would tell us who they own.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

A number of years ago - probably 20 at least - I had a phone call from QVC asking my opinion of Susan Graver's line.  I asked why they were calling and the person on the other end indicaated that they were considering buying out her line.  I believe they did, and I am pretty sure that's the reason she is on so often.  Just my opinion, but I believe they do "own her".  Also suspect that they bought LOGO as well, but again it's just MHO. Wish they would tell us who they own.

Very interesting, thanks for the info....  I believe it.... I noticed the change in the quality of the fabrics roughly 15 years ago..... I LOVED her fabrics and styles and then they started changing.  I've returned SO many of her items that I've pretty much stopped buying SG.   I have also suspected LOGO as well.   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

They think women would rather watch Graver than the Super Bowl.

WRONG!!