Honored Contributor

Another example of how QVC does not get pricing-

On today's front page, "game-day" picks, there are four hammered mugs for $89 and change!

You can get these anywhere for $9.99! Probably less at bed b, etc with coupons.

I just wonder if they think their customers are not very smart.

Even if you can't get out to stores or have none around you, who would pay $100 (when you add tax, shipping) for four not unusual or special anymore mugs?

Maybe they think if they put Dutch and hammered in the description, that will justify upping the price.

Their prices just don't make sense in today's market.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

Re: Another example of how QVC does not get pricing-

Your post made me chuckle.  You're right of course.  I just saw a set of these copper mugs at Marshall's.  Good quality and a much lower price.

Honored Contributor

IMO for some people QVC is an addiction.  They also have a lot of money and don't care what the price is. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, and trying to figure out TSV, clearance price, event price, lunch time price, one day only price, as is price. How does one figure out the lowest price without a spread sheet?

Honored Contributor

Wow, Q really missed the mark with this one.  At Bed Bath & Beyond, the set of four costs $64 after 20% off coupon.  At Q, it costs $96 after S&H.  That's a 50% difference! 

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Wow, Q really missed the mark with this one.  At Bed Bath & Beyond, the set of four costs $64 after 20% off coupon.  At Q, it costs $96 after S&H.  That's a 50% difference! 

I think they're about $20 at Marshalls just about all of the time.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought Carole Hochman Petite Rose Bud Interlock 3-Pc P  at a reduced price. Carolyn said the stock was limited. I paid $39.96 plus tax and shipping.  Now the price is $64.00. I will never understand what they are doing. This is just an example of how deceptive these prices have become.  Also, people who have money do not throw it away. That is how they have accumulated their wealth.

Honored Contributor

If you Google "moscow mule mugs" .... lots of places to buy ... lots of different prices.

Honored Contributor

Saw the mugs recently at Sam's Club running around $15....

Well maybe QVC's are gold clad.,, j/k Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Shame, shame, shame.... Quality and value and convenience: swoooooosh!