Valued Contributor

Re: $10.00 now to return something

On 3/16/2015 Matty6 said:

Back to the mall you go? I never would give up the mall for QVC or any other mail order store. No way!

Nope. I buy online ....for LESS!
Honored Contributor

Maybe if QVC stopped all their silly remotes....they go all over the country just to show the same stuff they show in Westchester. That money could be used to give their customers some real discounts in prices and shipping! Even if other retailers build in the shipping their prices are LOWER than QVC's....

Im shopping with other online retailers and locally now---and there are only a couple of vendors I still continue to buy from at QVC.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I have a similar story. I bought a leather Steel by Design bracelet, and the leather cord broke after wearing it a few times. I was very careful with it and only wore it to work and took it off as soon as I got home. Because more than 30 days had passed, I wasn't sure how Q would handle it. The first customer service rep said no option to return and I should just take it to my local jeweler to have a new leather cord made. The second rep said they would exchange, and she emailed me a label for the return which says I agree to pay $6.95 to return it. Then I'm going to get to pay another shipping fee when the replacement is mailed. So, I'll end up paying three shipping fees for a bracelet that I feel was defective to begin with. I figure it beats having a broken bracelet that I can't wear at all.
Trusted Contributor

It is even worse for those of us not in the lower 48 states. For any item I want to puchase, I get hit with a surcharge, usually $6-$8, that, under the new policy, hits each and every item. Just trying something on can cost $15-$20 if I end up returning. Needless to say, my purchases with the Q are way down and only for items I can't find elsewhere. Edited for clarification.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/15/2015 kob21 said:

Plain and simple: QVC's 'try it on' fees of $10 per garment and $12 per pair of shoes have curtailed my purchases.

me too. Plain and simple.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

All the more reason to shop wisely and explore other purchase options in person and on the internet.

Esteemed Contributor

It seems to me that recently they are pushing returns. Hmmmm...must be getting some benefit from all the returns that come back. Thanks but no thanks qvc. Unless it's something special, I'm taking a break from you.

Honored Contributor

Pushing returns will backfire on them. It's only a matter of time before we will get tired of losing all that money in order to try things on, when we can try on as many items as we want for free at b&m stores-- AND get better prices and selection.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

The Q is showing fewer and fewer products on a one and two hour show. Sometimes, they show as little as a dozen or so items on a two-hour show. Come on, their warehouse is chock full of stuff. Don't you want to sell anymore and are just into entertainment now.

Contributor

I hope that everyone takes advantage of the option to return items on your own...using your own label and paying up front for shipping. It can save you lots.