Trusted Contributor

Please tell all you know that when it is hot outside to remember that if its hot enough to fry an egg on sidewalk, it is too hot for dogs delicate paws. 

Respected Contributor

This makes me crazy.  We have a man that walks a large pit bull........or on cooler days, the dog walks him.  

I saw them walking down the road in 90+ degree weather and was so upset. 

Honored Contributor

Re: dogs and hot pavement,

[ Edited ]

@dogsx3 @Here in South Florida, the sidewalks are a shade of very light gray, almost white, to avoid the intense heat up, but the sidewalks can still get hot for pets. Get some booties for your pet dogs. Another place to think about are sandy beaches. Oh my, the gold sand we have here is so hot you can not walk on it barefoot. I buy sandals with a light color footbed because of this or I turn my shoes upside down to keep the foot beds cool. Never use a dark color beach blanket or beach chair here either unless you want burns. Some, very few, beaches here allow dogs. Take care of their feet if you are taking them. Same for any blanket they will be resting on. Bring a white or very light towel or sheet for them.

Respected Contributor

It has been triple digits here for months...Insee very few dog walkers....but there is always some idiot dragging their dog along while it tries to walk in the grass to avoid the hot pavement. If it is too hot for you to go barefoot on the sidewalk, it's too hot for your dog to be required to walk on the sidewalk as well. Saw on the local news a now someone had taken out in July for a walk and the poor thing ended up with second degree burns on his paws. I even see squirrels perched on my flowerpots in the dirt trying to avoid the hot patio.