Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Fruits and Veggies Does Your Furbaby Prefer?

@eddyandme- Ha, I misread. Sorry, I wake up in a new world every day.

I have often said my lab mix rescued me as well.

Honored Contributor

My granddog loved grapefruit!Smiley Happy

(just like his grandmaHeart)

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

We bought a dehydrator to make treats for our Golden.  My husband slices a bag of sweet potatoes (after peeling) on a mandolin and puts them in the dehydrator for several hours.  We wait until they're crisp before removing them.  Jessie (female) seems to love them!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

I use the online store---WetNoses.com......I think it's great! They usually have a flat $5 shipping rate. It's a small business so allow about a week to 10 days to receive your order. Some of the flavors may be seasonal or when they can get the supply that they prefer. They answer their emails promptly.They used to be in some of the smaller pet stores near me but they got squeezed out for larger brands.

I'm always concerned with our dog's weight so the size of most of their products is a great way to portion control. They have enought flavor that the dogs go crazy for them. I just place an order about once a month and store them in my Lock&Locks.

My daughter in law used to bakes home made dog biscuits but she just doesn't have time any more. I always want to but then I worry about how long is the shelf life?I hope you have the same good luck as I do with them. (if you try them).   

Honored Contributor

My two Goldens love EVERYTHING. Raw  Broccoli Is their favorite vegetable, then carrots, apples, cantaloupe ..actually anything that falls on the kitchen floor!😄

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

I just found out my lab likes frozen blue berries when I dropped 3 on the floor this morning trying to make a smoothie.

I do give mine greek yogurt pretty often, the vet recommended it when the lab was having stomach issues.

A not as healthy treat that mine love is a bit of a granam cracker.

@happycat  The best treats are those "not as healthy" treats🙃

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@KingstonsMom

Believe it or not, I don't know how to cook liver!  I can only imagine what a special treat that is!!!!

I do raw chicken and beef liver. ....they love it!

Respected Contributor

Summer squash is their favorite .... started them on this as puppies.  This is one of the best sources of natural fiber (pumpkin works too), I bake it into their "dog meatloaves" I prepare for them (along with steel-cut oatmeal & koshur clear gelatin.   Some days I top it off with Metamucil.   My "girl" are old (age 10) and my vet recommended.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a lab mix, that loved strawberries, he could not get enough of them, and he also loved apples

MY sister used to freeze lima beans her dog loved them!  He would sit by the freezer and cry  until someone would give him a few.

Esteemed Contributor

My furbaby loves all types of lettuce and greens, carrots, bananas, broccoli, cauliflower, apples, cucumbers, radishes, peppers, cherries...just about everything.  He's not picky when it comes to fresh produce; he only requests that it's organic.  Strawberries are his favorite though.

He's a guinea pig, so I guess it's not much of a surprise that he loves his fruits and veggies.  However, my last guinea pig wouldn't eat fresh fruits and veggies, so I was relieved to find that my current piggy loves them.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org