Esteemed Contributor

Update on the Tiny Terror (kitten)

We took the kitten to the vet this a.m to have the wound on her stomach checked.  She is doing well and they are happy.  She is healing well.  She is a whopping 1 lb. 8 oz.  They gave us worm meds and she is going back next week for her shots. She was hissing at the Dr. Hissing isn't scary when you are tiny.

She was out of her fenced area last night and running around, she follows DD everywhere.

Her name is Petunia.  DD's choice.  I call her Little P.  Yestday she climbed the scratching post daughter got her.  4 little feet balanced on top deciding if she could jump over the fence,  I took the scratching post out.  She was not happy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Update on the Tiny Terror (kitten)

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Bring back MY scratching post!

How’s a ‘lil gurl supposed to make her claws behave w/o one?

😾 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Contributor

Your post makes me smile. It sounds like you new"baby" has reached the "terrible twos".With all the sadness and negative happenings in the world it's nice to just sit back and enjoy and smile at the cute and funny antics of a kitten. 

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I sure know and understand what you're going through with your little Petunia.  You may want to nickname her PIA before very long.  I've had and raised many cats/kittens over my life, and every time I say I'll never get another kitten.....only an adult cat.  Well, guess what happens?  Some irresistable little thing will need a home, and here we go again.

My most recent challenge was my current beau, Al.  There were many times I told him it was a darned good thing he was so cute......it was the only thing that kept him alive!  He's 4-1/2 years old now (had him since 6 weeks), and we have become good buddies.  He still does bad things sometimes, but at least he listens when I chastise him.  He would have destroyed all my furniture, but I got scratching posts, triangles, toys, etc., and put them all over the condo.  Every time he went for the sofa, I yelled at him and showed him the nearest scratching device.  Now, thank heaven, he automatically goes to them and leaves the furniture alone!

It takes time and patience with kittens for sure, but you will end up with the best little friend......and cuddly too!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

Thank you for being so kind and taking care of her ... she hit the

jackpot ....Petunia .. how cute ....continue to love her and keep

us posted ....

Oh I love little P also ....

Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde I know what we are in for.  I have an 11 yr. old cat and she has never benn a cuddler.  She is also no pleased with the new addition.

I swear this one is very smart.  Since the weekend at night while we watch TV DD has gotten Little P on her chest and fussed over her til she falls asleep on DD.  Last night we let her out to get some exercise and that darn kitten went and stood in front of the recliner meowing.  I think she wanted daughter to come get her and do their nightly ritual.  And she did.  She is spoiled already.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2blonde wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I sure know and understand what you're going through with your little Petunia.  You may want to nickname her PIA before very long.  I've had and raised many cats/kittens over my life, and every time I say I'll never get another kitten.....only an adult cat.  Well, guess what happens?  Some irresistable little thing will need a home, and here we go again.

My most recent challenge was my current beau, Al.  There were many times I told him it was a darned good thing he was so cute......it was the only thing that kept him alive!  He's 4-1/2 years old now (had him since 6 weeks), and we have become good buddies.  He still does bad things sometimes, but at least he listens when I chastise him.  He would have destroyed all my furniture, but I got scratching posts, triangles, toys, etc., and put them all over the condo.  Every time he went for the sofa, I yelled at him and showed him the nearest scratching device.  Now, thank heaven, he automatically goes to them and leaves the furniture alone!

It takes time and patience with kittens for sure, but you will end up with the best little friend......and cuddly too!

Wow, how many of us can relate to that remark! (Raising hand).

Always remember: 

Image result for dogs have masters cats have staff

Please keep us updated on "Princess" Petunia's antics - it's always funnier when it's happening to someone besides yourself.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

She knows to play the pathetic card.  She's so little in a good size fenced in area she just sits there and stares at you.  It's sad and she counts on it.

She hasn't come face to face with Tess a/k/a "the Queen" yet.  Tess won't hurt her but she won't be friends either.

Respected Contributor

Kinda like this??  From Puss in Boots - very cute movie.

Image result for puss in boots eyes

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb   Yep, that's our girl.  She is mostly black with white on her legs, face and chest. Black on her chin and a black spot on her nose.  I wanted to name her Smudge because of the black on her nose.  DD said Petunia was cuter.