Honored Contributor

Re: Update on the Tiny Terror (kitten)

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Oh!  I knew you were going to become her Grandma!  I just knew it!

I enjoy reading about her latest escapades....she sounds like a climber/jumper.

I think some cats are more prone to do that than others.  Bill is like that.  But my other cat (Katie) doesn't jump except up on the bed.

So she's healthy?  Right?  I love the name, especially the "Little P" name.

What color is she (did I miss that part)?  I can just picture her now....so freaking cute!

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   Yes, she's healthy, except for the wound on her stomach, and that's healing nicely.

I described her in my previous post.  She's just small.  I guessed 2 lbs. and she's only 1 lb. 8 oz.

Yesterday was the first time she ran.  Usually she just walked around and investigated.  Climbing, yes, she is one.

I had an orange striped male kitten years ago and he was on very flat surface in this house.  My old cat never, ever gets on anything in the kitchen.  I draw the line on kitchen table and counters. That is a big no.  Gizmo would get on the table and dare me to get him off.  He was such a stinker.

Honored Contributor

Most male cats are orange.  So, how did I miss it?  What color is she?

My Katie is black and white, Bill is orange and they're brother and sister?  Sure....and I'm a model....if you believe one, you must believe the other!  Ha!  Katie is as light as a feather...very petite.

Oh!  Just thinking about your little P makes me want to squeeze her and rub her nose and neck!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Most male cats are orange.  So, how did I miss it?  What color is she?

My Katie is black and white, Bill is orange and they're brother and sister?  Sure....and I'm a model....if you believe one, you must believe the other!  Ha!  Katie is as light as a feather...very petite.

Oh!  Just thinking about your little P makes me want to squeeze her and rub her nose and neck!

@Annabellethecat66   Message #10 gives her coloring.  Here's an excerpt:  She is mostly black with white on her legs, face and chest. Black on her chin and a black spot on her nose.  I wanted to name her Smudge because of the black on her nose.  DD said Petunia was cuter.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Petunia / Little P - oh my GOOOOOooodnesss....whatta great name & nicname.

I love that story, she sounds absolutely, positively, delightful, and beyond precious.

Kiddencats as I call them, are the best.

As lil babies they are all clowns - but even as they get older - that clownie side still comes out now and again.

I love ALL creatures great and small - really I do...but cats in particular are so rewarding to own, especially when you KNOW they love YOU back.

I've had bunnies, dogs and cats - the dogs are easy to get love from, and my bunnies were just as reciprocal, but cats on the other hand - if they SHOW you they love you back, well - - -  it's like a warm hug for your heart, wrapped in whiskers.

Enjoy her kiddencathood whilst you can, in a blink she'll be full grown....you'll ask where did the time go.

Kiss her on her ever-so-soft forehead for me - tell her Aunt Ko adores her from afar.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

There's nothing cuter than a kitten ......  and their tiny little noses.   Heart

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Yes, it sounds like that little kitten is already starting to figure things out in your household.  The good part is your DD is cuddling and handling her a lot.  Yes, she'll be a bit spoiled, but she'll also be much more of a "people" cat.

I remember when my current guy, Al, first moved in at barely 6 weeks old.  It was his first time away from his mom and 2 siblings, so he was scared as heck to be alone.  He used to follow me all over the condo, but when I went into another room where he couldn't see me, he would whine and cry.  I'd say, "I'm in here!" and he'd come running toward the sound of my voice.  To this day, he's still a whiner and a cryer (sheesh).  The only time he shuts up is when he's sound asleep!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   You had me with the black and white coloring.  B&W cats have always been my weakness (especially the tuxedos).  My 4-1/2 year old now is a long haired grey tabby with the white chest and paws.  My last cat was all black.  Both of these were mercy adoptions, so not much color choices!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   I'm so sorry about the confusion about my cats.  Sometimes my fingers get ahead of my brain.

Little P is black with white on her face, chest  and legs.  Black spot on her nose.  The orange male, Gizmo, is one I had a few years ago.  Sadly, Gizmo got very sick at 9 months and had to be put to sleep. 

Sorry for the confusion. 

Little P is asleep right now, when she wakes up I will get her out so she can run around.   We refer to letting her out as "unleashing the Kracken."