Honored Contributor

Re: DRYER SHEETS FOR PET HAIR?

I have a Puggle which sheds like Pigpen....horrible sheddding.

IMHO these did nothing.  No diff whatsoever!

Also IMHO, they do not have a stench at all.  Just a normal fabric sheet scent.

And IMHO, they have regular fabric sheet properties and did work for static cling.

Animal hair is maddening!  Give it a try, maybe you will have better luck.

Honored Contributor

Well, no matter what the species, the problem is static cling.   After reading these comments, I recalled a friend many years ago using something called Static Guard in a spray can on her blankets.  After spraying, she would easily wipe away all the pet hair.  I believe she used a damp cloth to wipe.  I saw it work quite well with my own eyes ... but the stuff had a TERRIBLE smell.  Ugh!   Maybe they changed it.  

Honored Contributor

According to the Bounce website, these dryer sheet are the same as the regular ones, except they have 3x as many chemicals to remove and repel pet hair.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Well, no matter what the species, the problem is static cling.   After reading these comments, I recalled a friend many years ago using something called Static Guard in a spray can on her blankets.  After spraying, she would easily wipe away all the pet hair.  I believe she used a damp cloth to wipe.  I saw it work quite well with my own eyes ... but the stuff had a TERRIBLE smell.  Ugh!   Maybe they changed it.  

@Tinkrbl44 

I use that Static Guard spray on my winter robes after I wash them. It works really well at keeping golden retriever hair off of them. But when I spray it I have to do it outside b/c I don't like breathing that stuff in plus it has a heavy fragrance. I wish I could find one that doesn't have so much fragrance b/c it the product does get rid of static very well.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

I'm not sure your post is getting you the correct responses.

Bounce has a product called Bounce for Pet Hair and Lint Guard

These are not the same as the regular Bounce fabric sheets.

I have not seen these in the store but will take a look next time I'm shopping, maybe they will work.  Right now all the pet hair is going into

the lint collector in the dryer.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I just saw a commercial for Bounce that has a dryer sheet that helps pull pet hair off clothing in the dryer.

Anyone know about this .... has anyone tried this?  Seems like a good idea to me.

@Tinkrbl44    It's my understanding that these sheets do not pull hair off of objects in the dryer but instead put something that repels hair on the clothing so it doesn't collect hair as you wear it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

According to the Bounce website, these dryer sheet are the same as the regular ones, except they have 3x as many chemicals to remove and repel pet hair.

Yikes!  I think I'll stick with the pet hair on my clothes!

Honored Contributor

Re: UPDATE -- DRYER SHEETS FOR PET HAIR?

Just wanted to give everyone an Update on my search for dealing with pet hair on clothing and furniture ....

I tried several things, and by far THE BEST tool for getting cat hair off blankets, pillows and clothing is a plain old clean RUBBER GLOVE.   

I put the glove on and swiped it across a blanket and was stunned by how easily ... and HOW MUCH hair rolled off the fabric.   Also worked on pillows and a black tee shirt.   

No chemicals and the price is right ....   Cat Happy

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I suppose it would work - if you can stand the strong stench of dryer sheets AND don't have any pets who will be adversely affected by it.  I have asthma and also have a bird and dog, so I wouldn't use anything strongly scented like dryer sheets.   It would kill the bird and could harm the dog, not to mention it causes me severe breathing problems as well.  I use all non-scented stuff for the three of us.  Smiley Happy

These particular dryer sheets come both scented and unscented. They are oversized sheets and you can buy them with no scent. Safe for humans and animals that can't tolerate scents. (I don't think it's fair to characterize scented dryer sheets as emitting a " strong stench".)

These particular dryer sheets do not pull the fur or pet hair off laundered clothing. They treat the clothing during the drying process in a way so that clothing does not attract pet hair and cling to the fabric. The intent of the chemicals in the sheets is to make clothes more resistant to cling, not to release pet hair already in the fibers, though that might be a secondary effect.