Honored Contributor

UPDATE -- DRYER SHEETS FOR PET HAIR?

[ Edited ]

I just saw a commercial for Bounce that has a dryer sheet that helps pull pet hair off clothing in the dryer.

Anyone know about this .... has anyone tried this?  Seems like a good idea to me.

Honored Contributor

Re: DRYER SHEETS FOR PET HAIR?

@Kachina624  I believe you use Bounce for pet hair?  If so, maybe you can help the OP.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I suppose it would work - if you can stand the strong stench of dryer sheets AND don't have any pets who will be adversely affected by it.  I have asthma and also have a bird and dog, so I wouldn't use anything strongly scented like dryer sheets.   It would kill the bird and could harm the dog, not to mention it causes me severe breathing problems as well.  I use all non-scented stuff for the three of us.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

Boy!  That would be a blessing and a half!  Hope it's true!  

Good luck!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Kachina624  I believe you use Bounce for pet hair?  If so, maybe you can help the OP.

@Mz iMac   I have a box of them but have yet to use them.  I got them to use with my D&C 2 pocket twill pants which are pet hair magnets.  I haven't been wearing the pants so haven't laundered them.  I have used the Bounce no-wrinkle sheets and they work pretty good. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

YUP!!  They work for me.  I have a Yorkiepoo, a rescue fur baby that has a little bit of everyrhing in it and we just got a Boston Terrier baby plus we have a cat. Now these are all short haired animals and these sheets work for me.  Do they work on long haired fur babies?  I can't give you a positive answer but I certainly would give it a try.  I do not find the scent that bad plus they cost a little more but it's worth no hair, imo.

Trusted Contributor

I use it and it works for cat hair.  Only have a cat so not sure how it works on dog hair.  But it's pretty effective. 

Honored Contributor

Do they also have the fabric softening properties.  I would try them if they didn't and also came in unscented.  I don't like fabric softener sheets because they make your stuff water resistant and also coat the dryer filter causing a fire hazard.  

BTW, those fur zapper things that get rave reviews do not work for me at all.  My sheets are still covered with fur after using them, one in the washer and another in the dryer. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess , IMO they do soften.  It is a large sheet which I open up and then toss it in the dryer.  Hope this helps!

edited for spelling

@Silverfox1 

BTW, I forgot to add that I use one sheet more than one time

Trusted Contributor

We have an American Eskimo so everything is always covered with long white hair.  These sheets did absolutely nothing to stop hair from sticking on fabric.  Maybe they help for other types of dog hair, but they were a waste of money for us.