Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1 

I understand the disappointment over the rescheduling of your DH's surgery.  I would imagine it plays on your emotions.  I feel so bad he's going through the pain longer now.  I think of you 3 each day & wonder how you're coping.  I pray for all of you each day that you'll keep up your strong support for each other.  "We can DO this."

Sweet Frankie:  I'm glad you're enjoying your critter friends.  What's up with you eating, then hiding?  Your loving parents are worried about you.  You're so precious to them.  I hope your Most Excellent Vet can get this figured out so you feel better very soon.  I know my 2 kitty sisters are looking down at you & sending their love.  Heart  Tonight, feel our love & we wish you calm & pleasant dreams.  

Take care everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Saturday report:  Greetings in all in the Schmoo Family.

DH is hanging in after learning about the delay in his surgery. My cardiologist wonders at how I do well on a beta blocker until he increases the dose--and then it has the not-intended effect of making my heart beat even faster!  But it happens.

Frankie plows on. Her most excellent vet agrees with me that the hyperthyroidism can make her eat more, but her frail gut can't handle that, and thus, she gets nauseated sometimes right after she eats. He told me I did the right thing by giving her the injectable cerenia and that we should monitor her.

He's not ready to treat her hyperthyroidism just yet because she has such a shaky liver--and the medication pushes the liver very hard. He wants to do comfort measures and treat symptoms until we have no choice, and we're not nearly there yet.

So she decided to pose for an elegant snoozefest in her front window, where her St. Francis fountain and flowers draw in the birds and insects in the cool of the evening.

You'd never know she's frail. She looks like a cat movie star:

Frankie front window August 2022 SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

Yes, Frankie is a "star"... radiating light

and energy to all around her.

Cat_star.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne Hi Tissy, we actually recieved a nice rain for about 30 minutes. Sure felt like I should run out and splash in the puddle.  We went under 100 for a couple of days, 96 felt better, but going back the next days over the century mark.  You take good care my friend.

Trusted Contributor

Sammy,  just catching up and seeing the news that the surgery has been moved.  Maybe this will give you a few minutes more to breathe as Frankie is still working on her recovery.  You know the prayers are with each of you every day.

take good care my friend.

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:  Greetings, Schmoosters!

Thank you @seaBreeze @Shop Till you Drop and so many for your encouragement!

We're scurrying around with this change in DH's surgery--we had to move a lot of things like the vet assistant who will help the Kitty Sitter with Frankie; Frankie's checkups; Kitty Sitter's flight and rental car to get here; DH's work schedule; my work schedule; grocery deliveries; medication deliveries; equipment deliveries.

So we took a break Saturday night and watched Xanadu with Olivia Newton-John. It's a crazy movie but she's luminous in it.

Not as luminous as Frankie, of course, with head tucked deeply like an Olympic diver:

Frankie snoozing deeply SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Thanks for the update ... so much happening in one household (I know the feeling). 

It just occurred to me that I don't remember ever seeing Frankie's eyes...I do not even know the color.   Is the joy gone from her eyes, is that why they're hidden.  Maybe a future pic of a little twinkle for us to see?

Trusted Contributor

Sammy, I am happy you were able to take a moments break from all the updates you are making after the changed surgery date.  So much to map out.  Oh sweet Frankie, that is a perfect 10 sweet girl!!! Have the best week possible dear friends.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@seaBreeze 

Frankie's eyes are fine, considering her illnesses... just a bugger to get a photo of when awake. She's like a movie star who's trying to avoid the camera!

Here's a photo of her mint green peepers:

Frankie eyes.jpg

Trusted Contributor

She’s a beauty! That face makes me smile. Bless you Sammycat and Mr Sammycat. So much to go through. 💗