Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

[ Edited ]

Monday report:  @CamilleP , I went back and re-read your heart-searing story of Fergus.  I remember where you are (physically), but I'm glad for the update of how things are going in your neck of the woods.

Fay Wray and Frankie are both rickety, Fay Wray moreso than Frankie. Fay Wray must go in tomorrow to get the ****** glands expressed again (yes, we're doing all that can be done, but with multiple organ failure, these things happen).  This is very painful for her, but it's more painful (and dare I say, unbelievably smelly) for it not to be done. She's been struggling cardiac-wise after subq fluids, but if we give her less fluids, she falls into a malaise.

I've been back at the battlefield, but it has been slow going, more painful than I thought, requiring more stamina than I have.  I must try harder.

To top this off, back in early February, DH and I planned a short trip for early June. No one thought Fay Wray would live this long.  As Mom of Schmoo, I should have known better! To board Fay Wray and Frankie would contribute to either their a) demise or b) health slide, so, the famous Kitty Sitter is coming to town for her annual visit and to, of course, kitty sit.

This is not your ordinary cat sitting, however. In addition to the live-in sitter to deal with feeding complicated "menus" and litter and lighting, medications must be administered. For that, we've hired two vet techs from their animal hospital to come and aid the Kitty Sitter, who still must give some of them.

We're afraid to leave them.  I know they will be in good hands. But all the same, these two, poor, still-somewhat frightened, ill cats will be without us for 4 1/2 days. Tonight, while typing up the written instructions for all kitty sitters, I feel guilty. It's tough enough for us to do this, let alone asking others to do our difficult work.

To board them is out of the question. Their spirits sink, their health starts to slip (even when we're here to visit them when they're hospitalized).  So they will be under the care of 3 people who love them--and who know how much we love them.

But Mama still needs a pep talk.  I'll probably cry the first 100 miles of our journey:

Fay Wray Frankie DVD.jpg

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine wrote:

@Tissyanne 

Are these 2 kitties yours?  They're so adorable!

Both you & @beastielove are always so kind & thoughtful of others.   

@ScenicMaine , 

No, I wish they were. Here is mine. His name is Amore. 

20180824_133836.jpg

Respected Contributor

Sammycat, thank you for remembering poor Fergus in the midst of the troubles you are facing.  He so deserved a better chance!

I continue to keep Fay Wray and Frankie in my prayers for better health, and you and your DH for strength and courage to care for them, bless you both!

Trusted Contributor

Sammy, I am glad you will get a little break, I can imagine how difficult it is to leave the girls, but they will be in the best of care.  Enjoy a little time to breathe and get some much needed rest. Take good care.

Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne 

Amore is just adorable!  He has the perfect pose LOL - show off!

He has a similar marking to my Fluffy, the white stripe near his tail.  

Thank you for posting his pic .. wouldn't mind if you want to keep showing him off in the future .... hint hint

PS:  I pray your days are more comforting ..

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1  & DH,

I hope  you have an enjoyable vacation.  It will be good for you both to get away, de-stress & have fun.  Besides, you can always bring pics of your kitties to still hold them close & you can drive away smiling with both of their loving faces in your minds.  I always make sure when we head for our short vacations always to have my cell with their pics.  It's more comforting for me.

You've covered all your tracks & they'll be well cared for.  No room for guilt.

To both Sweet Fay Wray & Sweet Frankie:  please show your Mom & Dad how well you'll behave & greet them at the door when they return.  Remember, how much they both love you, precious Kitties.   Heart

Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1, I am sending prayers that you and your DH can enjoy your brief trip and get some much-needed rest and relaxation.  As always, it sounds like the girls will be in excellent hands.  Prayers for them as well, that they will behave Smiley Happy and be well.

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@beastielove , 

I know you are very busy. Just want you to know you are missed. Cat Happy

cat-090512-01.jpg

@Tissyanne 

(((((HeartTISSYANNEHeart)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine wrote:

@Tissyanne 

@ScenicMaine 

(((((HeartSCENICMAINEHeart)))))

--------------------------------

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@ScenicMaine wrote:

@Tissyanne 

@ScenicMaine , 

No, I wish they were. Here is mine. His name is Amore. 

20180824_133836.jpg

@Tissyanne 

Sending your handsome boy

lots of hugs....please deliver!

He looks a lot like my Jack!

(((((HeartAMOREHeart)))))

------------------------------