Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

this is a heartbreaking decision, I am so sorry you have to make. Frankie is so fragile right now, my thought keeping her comfortable at home is the best choice. You three have fought so hard to keep her calm and at peace, I believe quality is most important now. Her time will be with the best mom and dad she could ever wish for. It's all she will ever remember is your ever lasting love forever and ever. Much love to you.
Trusted Contributor

Let your heart be your guide. Whatever you choose will not be wrong. Whatever you choose will be done with the greatest of love and a Mom and Dad’s heart. No one knows Frankie like you do. My prayers are with you.💗
Esteemed Contributor

@newtoallthis@Shop Till you Drop  Thank you for your heartfelt suggestions. You almost know our Frankie as one of your own, and we appreciate that you took the time to write.

We hope others do, too. We're as prepared as we can be, including mapping out vet emergency places on the way to the specialty doctor and packing a "Frankie" bag of all her supplies.

For now, she is unconcerned. I got a photo just as she finished stretching her back legs and toes. Always a beauty:

Frankie stretch April 29 2024 SZD.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1 , I will be with you all in spirit as you travel to find medical care for our Frankie ladybug. Heart

She certainly is a beautiful girl. My prayers are with this sweet family who is doing hard things. 

Sending hope, light, and love to you all. 

Frankie stretch April 29 2024 SZD.jpg

Trusted Contributor

And those little legs crossed just as ladylike as she can be 💗💗💗
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@newtoallthis  Frankie is always a lady!

@Tissyanne  Thank you for your good wishes. She won't be getting care on this trip, only learning if she's a candidate for the radioactive iodine procedure. That's a second trip. We drop her off on a Monday and pick her up on  Friday. It's very risky for her given her health status. Thank for sending us off on a wing and a prayer.

Trusted Contributor

Sammy. My prayers are always with you. That's a great idea to find emergency vets along your route.
Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1  I know you are traveling today with trepidation in your heart.  You are all together (that's all that matters), and trying all possibilities to save her--there will be no regrets. 

Traveling to MD will take a toll on Frankie, but that is where the best care lies.  I moved my mom to another facility yesterday so I missed Monday's posts, these past days are full of turmoil, so my hope is that your sleepless nights will cease.  ((Hugs))

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Friends, we're here in Maryland at the specialy/ER facility. Frankie went into some respiratory distress so she will be seen & stabilized by a board certified cardiologist before we go home....she'll probably be seen around 5 pm. It wasn't safe to leave otherwise because we're close to DC and need to make the 1.5 hr ride home. Her BP is good, her heart Rate is good but the heart failure has her lungs congested.she is in the cat ward listening to calming music. We're in tears but our girl is one tough kitty fighter.
Esteemed Contributor

@seaBreeze

You have hands full Lso. I hope your mom is settled in and likes the new place. My father has the beginning of Parkinsons so I fully understand your situation.