Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1 & DH

My heart is aching for you all.  The closeness of your family is very touching.  I also wish your DH a happy & joyous Birthday tomorrow.  I pray it is. 

Sammy, you're definitely not greedy needing & wanting prayers .. they're necessary to provide you both with hope & encouragement.  I've not given up hope for your Precious Girl to keep up the good "Frankie Fight", I just can't.  Some of what you're going thru I relate to.  By that I mean, looking all over our home with my 2 kitties' belongings & memories for almost 21 yrs. is very difficult.  But, the memories are what I'm hanging on to & feeling so grateful for them.  I know deep in your hearts, you both do as well.  

A Special Note to Sammy & DH:  Your love for each other & Frankie has helped so much with your devotion to Frankie.  What a team of kitty care givers you are.  Heart  My 2 kitty sisters asked that I send you their prayers & for Sweet Frankie, their prayers & kitty hugs.  May the Angels surround you three with love & comfort.  Remember, Miracles do happen.  Heart 

Best Regards, Barb

Respected Contributor

Sammy,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this wonderful & very hopeful update.  

We crossed paths while posting.

Enjoy your visits with your Beautiful Girl.  I'm sure she's anxiously waiting to see you both.  Please pass along my hope & hugs to Sweet Frankie.

Hugs.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 

That's encouraging!  Eating a little and having a couple of calm and quiet bunny roommates is good.

But I'll bet it was being able to cuddle with Dad that really did the trick.😉

🙏❤️

Respected Contributor

@geezerette 

I believe that very much.  Nothing like a parent's care of their babies.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , 

I am so very happy that Frankie ladybug was able to eat. I know she was feeling secure with the two of you there. She will rest easy knowing you are near.

Hope. Frankie strong. Hope.

Regular Contributor

@Sammycat1 - I've been away from Schmooville but keeping you, DH and Frankie in my daily prayers. I've been sidelined with a nasty toothache and hoping medication will help.

I'm so sorry that Frankie is in the kitty hospital but glad that she is perking up. Here's hoping that the latest plan of action by her Most Excellent Vet will work wonders.

To quote my favorite Tom Petty song  "I Won't Back Down"

Well, I won't back down
No I won't back down
You could stand me up at the gates of Hell
But I won't back down
No I'll stand my ground
Won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
Gonna stand my ground
And I won't back down

Frankie isn't backing down because she's FRANKIE STRONG

Sending love and healing prayers to the Sammycat family --

Love TrafficDiva
Esteemed Contributor

Evening report:  Due to your prayers, lyrics, graphics and positive wishes, Frankie's beginning to turn around. Her blood sugar normalized tonight and she slept in both of our arms. She ate part of her food on her own and it was augmented by syringe feeding. She also drank water on her own for the first time in a week.

Like all of you, Frankie's most excellent vet is working sunup to beyond sundown. After a 12 hour day filled with surgery and managing Frankie and so many other pets while down from 6 vets to 4 (vacation, illness)....he is going back at 10 p.m. to give her the last dose of her pain medicine and a last syringe feeding. And, as he said, "Make sure a nightlight is left on for her."

Even Chewy is on standby to compound medication and overnight it to help save her life.

I will respond to each of your moving and inspirational comments, which brought me to tears. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! Here's a photo with our girl and her guy, DH, at the hospital:

EA0F166B-BE94-4919-A19E-E80982CF5A60.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1 ,

This is such wonderful news. I am thankful that our Frankie ladybug is much better tonight.

Thank you to her most excellent vet for his dedication.

This picture depicts deep devotion between these two. We continue to keep all three of you in our prayers,  and we continue to have hope. Frankie Strong. Always.

EA0F166B-BE94-4919-A19E-E80982CF5A60.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Thank God for answered prayers. Prayers will continue for “our” Frankie. She is very much loved by each of the loving, caring ladies on this forum. This picture touches my heart. Pure love. So lucky to have you two.
Regular Contributor

Atta girl Frankie!! So glad you and your mom and dad are feeling the love and positive vibes!

You won't back down. You're a fighter. You've got this!

Love, TrafficDiva