Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Friday report:  Greetings Schmoosters--it's cold as heck with nonstop high winds...BRRRRR!

@TrafficDiva  I'm glad you had a decent birthday despite the tooth woes!  I hate the dentist too--I've had a few bad ones over the years.  A few years ago, I had to have a root canal and went straight to an endodontist who worked for the Air Force.  Perfection! Feel better soon.

@Shop Till you Drop  I'm glad you like the Frankie pictures. Hope you and Katy are doing well.

Today's photo is the first in a series I took last night. Better to take photos of Frankie than stare at the ceiling with pain and insomnia!

Notice, despite the dim lighting (I'm not using a flash so she doesn't wake up), a very artful positioning of the front legs and a pink nosy sticking out from their sleepy entanglement.

Kitty bliss: 

Frankie juxtaposition SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well.  Hope some well-deserved rest will help heal whatever ails you.

Yes, yesterday began mid-morning with downpours that lasted all day with some winds - late afternoon, while raining, we felt those fierce, howling winds getting worse & lasted thru all night & thru most of today (however, they simmered down later A.M.)  It does make for cozy sleeping though.

Poor Sweet Frankie:  you can't seem to catch any sun lately.  We're supposed to have a milder, sunny weekend & I hope you benefit from this as well.  Go have a meet & greet with your critter friends.  Your pose today indeed was so precious.  Needless to say, all of your poses are adorable.  I hope you have a wonderful, playful weekend with your parents.  Sweet & calm dreams this weekend Little Angel Girl.  xoxoxo

Esteemed Contributor

Saturday report:  Frankie's morning was quite cold, but the temps have shot up well into the 60s...shorts weather!

@sceniccoast  because it was 22 this morning, she didn't see much in the way of birds during her morning repast, lol.

She's a little miffed today because it's "spa day"--a mani/pedi, bum shave, skin cleanse. We don't do it all at once because the mani/pedi alone miffs her to no end.  I also noticed a little bit of a pinkish spot under her nose.  She needs to go in for her distemper so I'll have the vet check it out to see if it's one of those lesions starting (cats can get them on the face and in the mouth, too).

Today I'm showing you on of the last "dim-lit" portraits of her.  In this "action shot," she's twisting around on her back and rolling about in her bedding, while occasionally licking her face and cleaning with paws. I call this pose her "cleans-o-rama." There's a head in there somewhere:

Frankie cleansorama SZD.jpg

Regular Contributor

Happy Spring to all in Schmooville! I'm glad to put winter in the rear view mirror!

@Sammycat1 - thanks for your well wishes. My mouth is a little sore but it's easing up. It's still awkward chewing with the temporary filling. DH is making pancakes for dinner.

Miss Frankie will be happy to know I had some serious deep dish napping today. After what I went through trying to get my printer to work with my new computer I was exhausted. All afternoon yesterday - 5 calls to Geek Squad and they finally were able to solve the problem. I had to print out a lot of statements today and my hands were literally shaking each time I clicked print.

At least I had the time off that I was able to take care of my tooth and computer issues. But it's back to work at the station tomorrow and the store Monday. I could use a few months off haha

Hope everyone and your furbabies are safe and well. Hooray for Spring!

Love, TrafficDiva

Respected Contributor

Sweet Frankie,

I see your adorable face licking your paw.  I hope your spa day started off well & you behaved?  Your Mom/Dad have their best intentions for you.  They're trying to keep you healthy.  

I hope you had a wonderful day napping in the sunlight.  Sleep well & my 2 girls & I are sending you (((hugs))).  Enjoy your tomorrow also Little Angel Girl.  Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Schmoo Beastie.jpg

HAPPY SPRING!!

Wishing that this new season blesses

@Sammycat1,DH,Kitty Sitter and

all of my Schmoo sisters with good

health,many joy filled occaisions

to celebrate,peaceful days and of

course that it's filled with love.

Sending out healing prayers

and positive energy to those

of you and/or to the members

of your families or to your precious

furbabies who are in need.

(((((HeartGROUP HUGHeart)))))

---------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Henry rubs his head on my hand and everything he can all the time.  Today I ordered him a self grooming arch (like @Sammycat1 's  Frankie has) and one of those corner brushes that attaches to a corner wall.  I think Henry will love to rub his head on these.

I ordered from Amazon and one will be here Wednesday and the other one Thursday.  When I had thought about ordering an arch before, a lot of the reviews weren't good for the ones I looked at.  I found one this time with good reviews that said the arch stayed in place and the base was fairly heavy.  I'm looking forward to getting it.  I'm attaching pictures below.

F5A4E8B4-CA67-46F0-9C5D-BDC9C26EC25B.jpeg04E0FFC6-3A82-4A8A-99C8-AAB180D5424C.jpeg

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1  I wasn’t going to post but I saw this cute picture of you and your furbaby.

I love it.  You can tell your furbaby early loves you.

Take care, Annabellethecat 😻

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Monday report:   Spring has come to Schmooville--Frankie's birds are chirping away.  No sign of her bunnies and squirrels yet, but they're on their way for sure.

@TrafficDiva  I hope you're no worse for wear today. Those deep-dish naps cure a lot of ills!

@sceniccoast  Frankie appreciates your sentiments as always. She's waiting for her woodland creatures to appear en masse so she can give them a what-for!

@NickNack  Henry hit paydirt!  I hope he loves his scratching arch and the ones on the corners.  Frankie likes to zoom through her arch and play with her Yeoww catnip bags at its base. Give us a report on how he likes his new booty!

@beastieloveThanks for reminding us that spring is here and times of renewal lie ahead!

@Annabellethecat66  Thank you for your kind comments on Frankie the cat. She is quite the poser and a beautiful kitty. 

For all Schmoosters, DH snapped the photo of Frankie below. After a long while of ignoring her memory foam wedge, she all of a sudden climbed on top for a deep-dish nap!

Maybe she felt ship-shape and decided to go for comfort. After all, she had a spa treatment, including mani/pedi, oatmeal skin cleanser and butt shave. Plus she and I watched an episode of Star Trek in honor of William Shatner's 90th birthday today. He was always a looker and she is too--they have a lot in common!

Frankie memory wedge SZD.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:   Greetings to all Schmoosters on this hazy spring day!

Frankie's going to the vet late Thursday afternoon.  She's been intermittently hiding under the bed, which worries us. The trouble started when we had a new dryer delivered and installed last Friday ... and she went under the bed. We assumed because she was afraid.  But then it continued, intermittently.

Normally when she's nervous due to vacuuming or someone else coming into the house, she goes into my closet where I have a little "hideway" bed for her. So going under the bed is a more nuclear situation like pain.

We've noticed some more limping and struggling with the stairs, so I increased her pain meds (the vet gave us an allowable range) to keep her more comfortable until we can get in.

My poor girl!  I've been nervous, as you know, because she's been cleaving to me at night in bed. Normally she's Daddy's little girl and gets closer to me when there's trouble.

It seems the trouble has announced itself.  I'll let you know what we find out. In the meantime, can you send some prayers her way? She needs to be in tip-top shape to supervise the birds in her back yard:

Frankie cat rug 1 SZD.jpg