Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@beastielove @Tissyanne 

Both of you are always so kind & thoughtful of everyone here.

Blessings to all here for a wonderful New Year 2021 .. & as @beastielove  said, "may it be the polar opposite of 2020".  I think I'm safe to safe we all agree with her!

@Sammycat1 Family

I hope you all enjoyed your New Year's Eve/Day.  A nice family time to kick back & relax & appreciate your time together.  Best wishes to you all.

I hope your eye is doing better @Sammycat1 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sceniccoast , 

Your kindness shines on this beloved Schmoo family. We are very blessed that you came on board, and joined us. 

I always look forward to seeing your thoughtful words.

Blessings for a wonderful new year.

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Sunday report:   Happy New Year's Greetings to all in the Schmoo Family!

I'm late to the party because I had another eye issue that had to be checked out (no surgery needed right now, thank God) and I'm having a lot of trouble with my bicep tendon that's making typing a little tough.

As a result, we hunkered down to watch some DVDs piling up in our "to be viewed" stack.  Frankie decided to enjoy us.

In photo #1, note she is in position to view "The Crossing," which is a docudrama of George Washington's crossing of the Delaware featuring Jeff Daniels. She was able to get up on her carpet fort and right at the TV stand....a good development in her healing.

In photo #2, she shows that she shares a lot in common with our first Commander in Chief.  Note the dignified pose of command, the direction of the leadership gaze, the purposeful, subtle lift of the chin.

Exactly alike, except that Jeff Daniels doesn't have the good fortune to be a cat:

Frankie Washington SZD.jpg

Frankie Washington 2 SZD.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:   A dreary day here in Schmooville, but warm for winter, even for us.

Today I'm writing an essay for publication about Frankie's major tooth surgery odyssey last year. As a former journalist, I always struggle between "writing the facts," versus writing an essay, which is factual but conveys more of the emotion felt during an event. It's something I battle within myself while writing the Schmoo book, too.

To tell something truthfully, in its entirety, you have to lay yourself and the situation bare--whether the story is sad or happy. I do that here. Perhaps you're tired of it; I don't know. But I write it that way all the same because it might strike a chord in or help someone else.

Frankie doesn't suffer these literary conundrums. She just looks over her shoulder at the kitty who survived just about anything and takes her inspiration from him:

Frankie admires Schmoo SZD.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends, Happy New Year.  I have been away a couple of days.  The end of 2020 struck a cord I wasnt quiet expecting.  The realization that the Double J's and Mom will not see 2021.  Of course I new that going into the new year, but it struck me that this is another first of so many, a new year without my loved ones.  I am trying to imagine them all together and feeling good, and happy and pain free.  I hugged my wild little one a little tighter and told her we would do our very best to have the best year we can, she let me rub her tummy and spend a few sweet moments, then bit me, and wanted to play fetch...I'll take that! 

Sammy I hope you share the essay with us someday, your words of explanation do mean so much to us, the love you share is heart felt, no matter how raw and deep it is, we know your pain and always want to be beside you and DH as best we can..

Hugs dear Friends, have the best week possible.

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Yes, it does appear both Schmoo & Sweet Frankie are communicating in their own way.  

I never tire of your posts.  You put your heart & soul out there for us to read the hope, the good, the sad, the bad .. whatever the truth is.

Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Its 2:00 a.m my time, I'm not sure if Duke's going to make it thru the night.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KitTkat 

Does he need help from an emergency vet if he's failing? What happened? It's almost 6 a.m. on the east coast...please tell us if you're able, 

Prayers for you and Duke!

@sceniccoast@Shop Till you Drop @Tissyanne @beastielove @newtoallthis @CamilleP @noodleann @grandkidsrgreat @geezerette @NickNack  and all who read and post, please see our friend's distress and offer some prayers and positive wishes for her kitty!

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1  he had a seizure, and although I know that's not a death sign, he's been extremely weak the past few days, barely able to walk. When I first came to post here about it almost 2 hours ago, I thought he was about to pass within the hour. He's regained some of his self back, but I know in my heart and looking into his eyes it's time. He's ready to go.

Esteemed Contributor

@KitTkat 

I'm sorry to hear this, so sorry. Your last post was so hopeful. Can you get him to the vet this morning to end his suffering?