Valued Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Thursday report:  Schmoosters, if you haven't already seen KitTKat's post about her beloved Frito cat, please do.  He was in extreme pain and she rushed him to the vet, where they are performing surgery on an abscess at the base of his spine.

@Tissyanne @rustysmom @Shop Till you Drop @newtoallthis @grandkidsrgreat @slh @sceniccoast 

Please add your prayers for a positive outcome to the mix!

Just saw this and praying.

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 @Tissyanne @newtoallthis @rustysmom and the rest of the Schmoo family, thank you for your prayers. Sorry for the delayed reply, had to go home and give Duke his Prednisolone. All went well with Frito, he is stable and doing well. I'll have him back home with a box full of meds soon.

Honored Contributor

@KitTkat , 

Wonderful news. 

I am so pleased you both can come home. 

Let us know how you all are doing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KitTkat 

Great news on Frito....hoping he recovers speedily!

Trusted Contributor

@KitTkat
Continued prayers for Frito for a speedy recovery.
❤️🙏🏻❤️
Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I knew of your foot issues as you had explained to me.  Even so, I didn't fully comprehend how intense it really is.  I'm so sorry you've been suffering with this health condition, along with the other stresses.

Whatever option you choose, I wish you the best of luck for long-lasting wellness.  Have you an idea of when you'll go thru this surgery?

Sending you all comfort hugs ..  Heart

Respected Contributor

@KitTkat& All Schmoosters,

My apologies for not being on the board lately.  I just read this & I'm so glad to learn that your Sweet Frito is doing well.  Very scary but it's fortunate that your Vet was able to perform surgery with good results.

It's great that all of your prayers worked.

I'll add my prayers at this time for Frito's continued wellness & hope he gets back to his old self soon.  Hugs to you & Frito from Myself & my 2 sr. girls.   Cat Happy   Heart

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

OK, once again, I'm late .. not to mention, out of order for reading posts.

Nevertheless, I'm sorry to learn of your setback this past weekend, and Sweet Frankie's as well.  I don't know how you are able to relax to heal this condition, but must have been your shear determination to beat it!!  Good for you.

This picture of Sweet Frankie & your DH, is so precious.  One of the best ever!  It must mean Frankie feels so secure & loved in DH's arm.

I truly hope this coming weekend is kind to you all .. able to get out & about with you all feeling well.  I hope the sun pops out to add some cheerness & calmness.  Blessings to you all,   Heart

Respected Contributor

@Tissyanne 

I've been thinking of you & hope each day you're improving.  Hope you're able to get out & about?  I'm glad your family is with you.

Sending you continued prayers ..

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast , 

I am recovering, and will start radiation for 5 days 2x daily) later this month. 

I have been out, and about some. We had snow yesterday, but today it is mostly gone. I enjoyed seeing it fall. 

I appreciate you asking about me, and I hope you are well.