Super Contributor

She just gets bigger and funnier every day. So now she's big enough to jump on my bed. And, she's still a puppy so she's getting great joy in trying to play with the cats. Our oldest cat, Daytime Kitty, had been de-clawed when we got him so he can't give her a good swipe like the others can. Day tries to seek refuge from her on my bed. She doesn't hurt them, but as the elder statesman in the house Day does not care to play with her. So last night, he was seeking refuge on my bed. I came around the corner and Mercy was pestering him. But, when she saw me, she gave me the "side-eye" and started licking him on the head. I busted out laughing. "Look mom, I really do love the cat." Yea, right! 

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Regular Contributor

I love when the animal kingdom can get along~!   Glad Mercy is sweet & kind.

Respected Contributor

Don't underestimate the strength of the declawed kitty.  My pup LOVES the cats.  My youngest cat, a little black kitty chummed up with my puppy the day I brought the pup home, the other 2 I think keep trying to find a way to kill him!  He does play rough, and black cat loves it.  Well, he tries to get the others to play.  One of them, like yours, was declawed before I got him.  Let me tell you, he takes no guff from the puppy and wow, he can smack 5 or 6 good smacks in a matter of seconds.  One of those smacks missed my puppy and got me - YOW!!!  Hurt!