Trusted Contributor

Re: Tell us about your pets. Will you gift them this holiday?

my boston always get a gift.  it is usually something that they need like a new water dish ect plus a box of doggie treats.

i try to make a donation to an animal reacue group that i know can use the money.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

we allways get out dog gifts not sure what yet and before our 14 old kitty passed she allways got gifts to. our groomer was doing pictures for pets . my wife said you know we need to have cocos pictures for christmas. they came out awesome. we all treat our pets awesome dont we. how could we not. have a great holiday season.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have two dogs and both love to play and in general be stinkers. 

The youngest little boy loves to drag toys and clothes out and just play with them.

The oldest (my little man) loves to tear toys apart, BUT, his favorite thing to play with are brown paper bags. Every year there's a couple dozen paper bags for him, 6 under the tree and the others are put into a closet to come out starting 1st of the year.

It's what he loves. 

My sister and don't have kids, so the pups are spoiled rotten and given lots of love.

All my pets have been rescues for the last 40 years.

How about giving your favorite pet another rescue to play with?

it's a gift of life and the love in return is unmeasurable.

Honored Contributor

Only one of my three dogs is interested in toys.  Sometimes he gets more packages from Amazon than I do.  We're big fans of Kong stuffed animals; he has never destroyed one, although he has destroyed plenty of other things.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My dogs do not play with toys and are not interested in them at all.

I buy their treats from Amazon in a bundle of 12 bags  "Fruitables". They are all natural and grain free..less than 9 calories each. It's the only treats that they will eat.

They already have custom hand made food and water spaniel bowls and several leashes and harnesses.  Also, both have full body water proof jump suites for wet weather and sweaters for cold weather.

They are spoiled 365 days a year.  I can't think of anything they would like or need.

Respected Contributor

My dog (Brandy) is a 12 year old doxie mix that I adopted 8 years ago.  She has never been interested in toys.  I will buy her some kind of special treat for the holiday.  My cat (Jasmine) is a 7 year old tortie that I adopted 6 years ago.  She will get treats from her "cousins" - my brother's 2 dogs.  Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

I buy things for my pets all the time.  My dog just got a new fleece jacket, and my cat just got new toys from Etsy.  I won't get them anything specifically for Christmas, but they are well taken care of in the gift department.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Our pets only appreciate a gift they can eat, so I will buy a nice chicken breast for them to share.

Honored Contributor

Her package from Chewy already arrived with a Southwestern sweater, and two acrylic sweaters (one in teal, the other in ivory), and a rain poncho in her size with an allover ducky print.  I'll have to add these new additions to her "Wardrobe for the Modern Chihuahua" post.

She gets treats all the time and she's so far not interested in toys, but since she gets cold, sweaters seems to be the best gift.  

(I am amazed at the fast delivery from Chewy.  They also put a little silica gel dessicant pack into each sweater package.  Plus they sent us a Christmas card in a separate mailing.  Such a well-run company.  I had to exchange two of the sweaters for a smaller size and the new ones showed up a day later.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

My Khloe gets lots of clothes, treats and a toy. My Oreo doesn't like clothes, so he gets 2 toys and extra treats.