Respected Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER JULY 18 - JULY 24

@brbfromTX  Thank you for the update and I am so glad Blondie was found safe!  Hugs, prayers and love to her mama for worrying and now relief!Heart

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

Good morning!  It's been very hot and humid here the last few days.  We're expecting strong storms later today.

I have a cat question to ask:  how do I keep my kitty off my tables?  I bought some double-stick tape, but she jumps on the chair seats (even if I've blocked the backs of the chairs) and then on to the table.  I tell her "no" and take her down when I see her doing that.  I've also tried the water spray bottle and air spray, but that doesn't do a bit of good -- she just looks at me and tries it again.  I really don't mind her getting on much of my furniture, but not my TV cabinet, dining room table and buffet (where I have an antique lamp I don't want broken).  Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Honored Contributor

Mia05 wrote:

Good morning!  It's been very hot and humid here the last few days.  We're expecting strong storms later today.

I have a cat question to ask:  how do I keep my kitty off my tables?  I bought some double-stick tape, but she jumps on the chair seats (even if I've blocked the backs of the chairs) and then on to the table.  I tell her "no" and take her down when I see her doing that.  I've also tried the water spray bottle and air spray, but that doesn't do a bit of good -- she just looks at me and tries it again.  I really don't mind her getting on much of my furniture, but not my TV cabinet, dining room table and buffet (where I have an antique lamp I don't want broken).  Any suggestions are appreciated. 

I really don't know what to suggest than to keep spraying her with the water bottle..and at close range (but not too close) so that she gets wet. Kitties don't like that...as a rule!

My kitties are "a skeered" of the water spray bottle. At this point all that I have to do is to just hold it up, their nonsense stops, and those furry feet go flying!

---------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

@beastielove - My kitty decided she didn't want to be petted and attacked my ankle this morning.  I sprayed her in the face with the water bottle.  I can't have the water bottle with me all the time, however.  She doesn't always bite, but I don't like it when she does.

I put the double sticky tape on my buffet, but she jumped on the buffet anyway.  I also have it on top of my tea cart, and she is there now.  She's not sure what to make of the sticky tape.  I finally lifted her down, but I didn't spray her in the face.  I'm hoping she'll eventually decide it's not worth getting on top of those tables.

Someone told me to paint the electrical and phone cords with a mixture of olive oil and red pepper.  I'm hoping that will keep her away from some of the cords she has been chewing.

She is a little dickens, that's for sure!

Honored Contributor

Mia05 wrote:

@beastielove - My kitty decided she didn't want to be petted and attacked my ankle this morning.  I sprayed her in the face with the water bottle.  I can't have the water bottle with me all the time, however.  She doesn't always bite, but I don't like it when she does.

I put the double sticky tape on my buffet, but she jumped on the buffet anyway.  I also have it on top of my tea cart, and she is there now.  She's not sure what to make of the sticky tape.  I finally lifted her down, but I didn't spray her in the face.  I'm hoping she'll eventually decide it's not worth getting on top of those tables.

Someone told me to paint the electrical and phone cords with a mixture of olive oil and red pepper.  I'm hoping that will keep her away from some of the cords she has been chewing.

She is a little dickens, that's for sure!

Mia sure seems to be!!

Then again she's still in her kitten stage...which is the equivilant of a toddler that gets into everything!! Trust me...she'll eventually simmer down...somewhat!Cat Wink

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

@beastielove - Thanks for giving me hope!  Right now, she's sleeping next to me in an oval casserole dish on the bottom shelf of my tea cart.  I played with her (using a Nekoflies wand toy) for about 15 minutes this morning.  I was going to take a large plastic bag to recycle this morning, but Mia decided she wanted to bite it, so it's on the living room floor now with all her toys (and she has a lot to play with).  

She did grab my ankles and start biting again this morning, after I took her off the bottom inside of my refrigerator (I had opened the door to take out fruit and milk for my cereal).  I let her stay there with the door open until I put everything away in the refrigerator, and then I lifted her off.  She didn't like that, so she started biting again.  I sprayed her face with water and said "no".  She hasn't attacked me since that time.