Contributor

My 11 1/2 wheaten terrier, Cody had his first seizure on Friday at noon and a second one early Saturday morning at 5 AM.  Vet check turned up nothing and now on phenobarbital.  He is getting used to the medication and is a bit wobbly.  I know it doesn't look good and we are all in a tizzy.  Positive thoughts for him please!

Contributor

Re: Positive thoughts for Cody!

Hope he is improving.  

Esteemed Contributor

Prayers and love coming your way for Cody's recovery from me and my boy EddyHeart.

Valued Contributor

I'm sending positive thoughts for your precious Cody.  I had a dog who had seizures and was on pheno for many, many years.  As soon as the vet put him on the pheno, he never had another seizure.  I'm hoping the same will be for your little guy.  I know how scary it can be.     docsgirl

Frequent Contributor

I hope the medication works. Wheatons are the sweetest dogs ever! 

Respected Contributor

My two girl doggies and myself are sending positive thoughts for Cody.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Super Contributor

My two "puppies" and I also send positive thoughts and prayers to you and 

your sweet Cody.  

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Penny  Keeping Cody in my thoughts.  My pommie had seizures when I first got her.  I went to several vets and finally acquiesced to try the medication phenobarbital.  She was in a constant stupor.  Eventually I took her off the meds and she never had seizures again.  I am hoping Cody recovers completely.

Super Contributor

Seizures are terrible, you feel so helpless. When we first moved to this house, both my dogs got seizures. The vet figured it was from lawn chemicals. We didn't use them, and they never seized again. Years later, another dog got seizures from a kidney infection. Pheno stopped them, and something else cleared up the infection.

Best wishes for you and Cody, from me and my current doggy, Tinker!

Esteemed Contributor

Hope medication works and he gets better