Honored Contributor

Has anyone used this as a pet odor eliminator?  I just sprayed my den carpet (Miss Frankie's room of choice for using the bathroom...sigh).  We haven't had an accident in a couple of months Smiley Happy  I cleaned spots as they occurred with water, 409 and an orange pet stain/odor eliminator, we shampooed the carpet with pet cleaner but there is still a smell that gets lighter and stronger with the weather.  I just sprayed the carpet with Pet-Pourri.  LOVE the fragrance but of course I'll have to wait to see if it works 100%.  That carpet has been down since 2008ish and had never had one incident till Frankie.  I could have probably trained her faster if I'd had a healthy knee.  It's available on Amazon.

Image by Poo-Pourri. From the makers of Poo~Pourri comes Pet~Pourri! Love your furry friend, but not their funk? Pet~Pourri eliminates odor caused by pets—guaranteed! Proprietary natural Funk Lock Technology neutralizes odor molecules so your nose can’t register them—fancy! Pet~Pourri eliminates odor entirely and leaves your home smelling pawsitively fresh!

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm   I hope it works for you.  I know it can be tough to completely eliminate pet odors.  One culprit, is that the smell in the carpet could be gone, but it could have soaked through to the pad, and that's where a lot of the lingering smell will come from.

Good luck !

Esteemed Contributor

AWWW! She looks innocent!  
         My son had a Greyhound went in the floor heat vent.

He was a big dog, it was hard to remove it. 
            🐶  ❣️

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Has anyone used this as a pet odor eliminator?  I just sprayed my den carpet (Miss Frankie's room of choice for using the bathroom...sigh).  We haven't had an accident in a couple of months Smiley Happy  I cleaned spots as they occurred with water, 409 and an orange pet stain/odor eliminator, we shampooed the carpet with pet cleaner but there is still a smell that gets lighter and stronger with the weather.  I just sprayed the carpet with Pet-Pourri.  LOVE the fragrance but of course I'll have to wait to see if it works 100%.  That carpet has been down since 2008ish and had never had one incident till Frankie.  I could have probably trained her faster if I'd had a healthy knee.  It's available on Amazon.

Image by Poo-Pourri. From the makers of Poo~Pourri comes Pet~Pourri! Love your furry friend, but not their funk? Pet~Pourri eliminates odor caused by pets—guaranteed! Proprietary natural Funk Lock Technology neutralizes odor molecules so your nose can’t register them—fancy! Pet~Pourri eliminates odor entirely and leaves your home smelling pawsitively fresh!

@monicakm 

Maybe it's time for a professional carpet cleaner to come in, if only for that room?

Back when we had both a dog & a cat, after a carpet cleaning, I'd sprinkle baking soda around the room and let it sit in the carpet overnight.  I'd vacuum the next day and I really do think it helped to keep the carpets odor free.    

Honestly, I DO think it also matters what fabric ... if your carpets are wool, the smell removal might be different than if they are, for instance, nylon.  Artificial fibers seem to release stains and smells easier, but there's always the padding underneath to deal with, as well.

That's my two cents on the subject.  Good luck!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I've used it after I clean litter boxes. Found it at Petsmart.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm 

From reading the ingredients, that's just fragrance spray made from natural oils.  The first ingredient is water which actually causes the urine smell to be worse once the oils wear off.  That's why it smells worse when the weather is more humid.

You need an enzyme cleaner which works on organic matter.  I had a wonderful one from PetSmart, I think.  It was years ago.

The one I had was so good that when a friend spilled a huge glass of dark red wine on my light carpet, it came right up.  I just poured this stuff on it, covered it up with a towel and the next morning it was gone!

Anyway, I'll try to find it online and get back to you.

Honored Contributor

@Pezzie 

Yes, I understand that there is urine that could remain in the pad. That's why people buy pet carpet pad.  And I guess probably the reason my mother taught me to flood the area with water after getting up all the urine that you can. Then blot up all the water that you can.  I don't know yet if this product will work but I've got to try. Hopefully with all the other steps I've taken it will help a lot

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers 

I'm sure this is what Frankie looked like as a puppy but this isn't her. I just couldn't resist adding the photo since it's an English cream Goldendoodle 😊

Honored Contributor

Using the bathroom in the floor vent.. oh my gosh!  It's a good thing dogs are so adorable and loyal and best friends!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

We've talked about getting a professional out here to clean it.  The carpet is a very very short nap Antelope print nylon carpet.  I will take your advice on the baking soda step if we need to have it professionally cleaned. I like this product that I sprayed on today so much that I will continue to use it on carpet and upholstery just for the fragrance. My husband has been installing carpet for 45 years. He is all too familiar with carpet fibers, pad and pet stains.  My theory is she liked this carpet because it's animalistic lol. This is the den carpet.  

1000003879.jpg