Valued Contributor

Just got my renewal and shocked at the rate increase.  I have ASPCA.  I am thankful that I haven't had many claims, but I wonder what others you other have and if you are pleased with coverage.  Thanks for any opinions.

Esteemed Contributor

@Terrywu,  I have Trupanion and was pleased that there was actually a small (cents) decrease in the premium.

Thankfully I've not had to use it but chose Trupanion because that is the one my vet carries for his own dogs.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Terrywu   I have Trupanion and am happy with it.  They usually pay my claims for my dog quickly.  I haven't had to use it for my cat.  Sometimes the price increases slightly annually, and sometimes it decreases by a few cents.

I had Healthy Paws for my previous dog.  The increases were more each year, but they did pay out quickly when my dog had to go to the ER and then the Vet school for a brain MRI.  The total bill was over $5,000, and they paid without question.

When I wanted to get Healthy Paws for my next dog, though, they would only give 70% coverage, so I switched to Trupanion.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Terrywu wrote:

Just got my renewal and shocked at the rate increase.  I have ASPCA.  I am thankful that I haven't had many claims, but I wonder what others you other have and if you are pleased with coverage.  Thanks for any opinions.

@Terrywu   I've pet insurance on all my dogs...purchased when puppies, it seems as reasonable as my and DH's insurance.

Come major surgeries and illness as the pet ages and I've never regretted having that insurance.