Esteemed Contributor

A year and a half ago we lost our Goldrn Retriever Chloe. She wasn't quite 8 years old. Vets medded up ot we might of had her a little longer. 

Around May we applied to a GR rescue to foster. The first one we got was a 10 year old. We found out after her initial vetting and wouldn't eat she had lymphoma. They put her on steroids. We had her about 3 weeks before we had to put her down.

A few weeks after that we took in a 4 month old GR puppy. We ended up officially adopting her in Nov. Her name is Skye. She had parvo and the breeder turned her over to the vet and the rescue paid to have her treated. Here is her picture. She is so sweet.

About a month ago we also took in a 11 week old. The horrible breeders vet said she had a grade five heart murmur. The breeder told the vet to euthanize her. The vet talked them into waiting to see if he could find a rescue. We took her in and turns out she the murmur is only a grade one and she had mild heart defect. She has to be rechecked in 8 months but seems she is going to be ok. Not sure if we are keeping her. Will probably put her up for adoption. Skye and her play so much and get along great. I can't share her picture because she isnt ours but she is so sweet.

Here is Skye.

IMG_2065.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Our sweet Skye we adopted

thank you for doing that .. you must be very special people ...

Honored Contributor

I wish you all the best with your beautiful Golden's!!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for rescuing them, sharing Skye's sweet picture & buying a Bark Toy from a Dunkin for our community foundation 💗

Esteemed Contributor

We had tried to adopt a couple other goldens we saw up for adoption but goldens go very quick. So the best thing to do is foster because you have fiitst rights to adopt. It’s going to be hard to give up Bella if we decide to not keep her. Her and Skye love each other. Having two puppies is a lot of fun. Skye is ten months now and Bella is 16 weeks.
Respected Contributor

@ccassaday   Bless you and the pups. ❤️

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

thank you 

thank you for giving these babies a beautiful life

they deserve it

thank you

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday    Such a wonderful thing you did!  What a beautiful dog!  I know she'll be loved and that makes me happy!😊💝💕

Respected Contributor

Thank you for your big heart and giving these wonderful animals a loving home they so deserve. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Goldens are the best!Heart We have two of them.

So sorry to learn about Chloe. 

Skye is very pretty and best of luck with Bella. Hope you keep her,

I am sure Skye would love that too, best buddies forever!