Respected Contributor

Re: My poor baby!

[ Edited ]

Thank for your kindness in adopting an older pet. Many times they are overlooked. Hope your kitty is ok. Take care and wishing you the best.

We're pretty sure she wasn't well treated before we adopted her--long story, except to say that ***holes who gave her up had her declawed*. I'm glad they placed her where someone who would give her a happy, comfortable home could adopt her.

(*Still makes my blood boil)

Esteemed Contributor

Poor baby, oldsters have a hard time.  I am sure you kissed her better.

I had one that favored a dining chair, he thought he was hiding.

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  Sorry about your Kittie's fall! But be careful letting her sleep in your bed she could fall out of it also. 
  Perhaps a snuggly bed on the floor or even in your bed to support her! 🐈

Respected Contributor

I can relate. 

My 18 year old kitty falls pretty often when she tries to jump up onto something.  Shaky back legs, with no strength.  Breaks your heart each time . . .   I help her up onto things when possible, and lots of extra cuddles.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry about your kittie's fall. I also have an older cat (around 17). He used to jump from the back of the love seat onto the chair around the kitchen table. I say "used to" because he missed one time and fell. Hasn't tried it since. Thank goodness he was okay.

Esteemed Contributor

Awe poor baby @GoneButNotForgotten  I think she’ll be ok. Just needs a little extra love tonight.

Respected Contributor

Take your cat to the vet.
make sure she's okay.
clingy might translate to HURT.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for letting us know you are going through a sad and anxious time with your dear little Missy. Thank you for being such a loving kitty-mommy. Thanks to all of the posters here for hearing you and caring. We will be sitting in vigil until we hear from you again. Heart