Honored Contributor

Re: MOLLY FRACTURED HER FOOT

I'm so sorry to read this about Molly @Shanus .  How long did the Vet say it would take her broken foot to heal?  I'm sure it's painful.   I'm surprised she doesn't need pain meds longer than 24 hours.  Poor Molly.  I hope she learns to use the stairs to the bed quickly.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I'm so sorry to read this about Molly @Shanus .  How long did the Vet say it would take her broken foot to heal?  I'm sure it's painful.   I'm surprised she doesn't need pain meds longer than 24 hours.  Poor Molly.  I hope she learns to use the stairs to the bed quickly.

@NickNack   Appreciate your concern. She mastered the steps when Sadie had them against the side of the bed. In fact, she taught Sadie how to use them and not be fearful. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you all for worrying about me. 💗 Molly

41997B82-87FD-4B36-8595-5190D17BDD8C.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Awwww, just look at those big eyes!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Bummer!  Poor Molly.  I bet that really hurt.  it's a wonder you didn't hear a yelp.  I imagine there's not much you can do but give her kisses and sympathy.  Hope it heals and she's soon not limping.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

This is my greatest fear for my 10 year old little Westie Sammy.  He thinks he’s six feet tall and bulletproof...

Have already changed out my bedroom to a lower bed and trying to train him to a ”step stool” since he wouldn’t use pet “stairs”. We’ll figure it out (or I’ll never get a good nights sleep).

Good luck to Molly and good thoughts for her fast recovery.

Honored Contributor

Is she a little dog or bigger dog @Shanus ?  Poor baby!  Is it in a cast? or wrapped? Just curious.  Hope she heals quickly poor baby!

Valued Contributor

Look at that sweet face! Hope her foot heals with little pain! Sweet Molly...You are so right to keep her quiet, bedroom door shut. I had a poodle who sprained his kneecap jumping off a low bed. My next dog i put a small foam futon chair up against my bed so he could get down easily. He would not use the doggie stairs, his attitude was I don't think so lol  

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack   The X-ray showed a slight hairline fracture....not enough to cast. He wrapped it in a tight elastic pink bandage which she had chewed off before we got home. She was running and jumping around as soon as the pain meds kicked in. It should be fully healed in 8 wks. when we go back for another X-ray. Thanks for asking.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack   The X-ray showed a slight hairline fracture....not enough to cast. He wrapped it in a tight elastic pink bandage which she had chewed off before we got home. She was running and jumping around as soon as the pain meds kicked in. It should be fully healed in 8 wks. when we go back for another X-ray. Thanks for asking.

@Shanus   I'm sorry she chewed the bandage off.  I'm glad it will heal in eight weeks, but I know that will seem like forever with trying to keep her quiet.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau