Honored Contributor

Re: MOLLY FRACTURED HER FOOT

@Spacrazy wrote:

This is my greatest fear for my 10 year old little Westie Sammy.  He thinks he’s six feet tall and bulletproof...

Have already changed out my bedroom to a lower bed and trying to train him to a ”step stool” since he wouldn’t use pet “stairs”. We’ll figure it out (or I’ll never get a good nights sleep).

Good luck to Molly and good thoughts for her fast recovery.

@Spacrazy    This was the first time she got hurt jumping down. We think she slipped on the throw on her way off the bed. She's usually fairly sure footed. The last 2 mornings, when our alarm rang, she was sitting there waiting to be lifted down. Smart puppy. Hope your Sammy does well w/ the step stool, but accidents do happen...just like w/ kids. Can't watch them every second.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Is she a little dog or bigger dog @Shanus ?  Poor baby!  Is it in a cast? or wrapped? Just curious.  Hope she heals quickly poor baby!

@SeaMaiden   Molly's a 13" beagle, the smaller of the two shown at Westminster, etc. She weighs about 20 lbs. The other size shown is 15". She had it wrapped in a soft elastic bandage, but made fast work chewing that off. 

Respected Contributor

Wishing your little pupster a speedy recovery.  Glad you have steps.  The little ones sometimes need that extra little help. You're a good Mom.  Hugs to your baby.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DianeJ2 wrote:

Look at that sweet face! Hope her foot heals with little pain! Sweet Molly...You are so right to keep her quiet, bedroom door shut. I had a poodle who sprained his kneecap jumping off a low bed. My next dog i put a small foam futon chair up against my bed so he could get down easily. He would not use the doggie stairs, his attitude was I don't think so lol  

@DianeJ2   It's funny to see the different personalities within the same breed. Sadie was cautious to a fault & tip toed when not sure of herself. Molly goes off leaps and bounds. We should sign her up for Cirque de Soliel. 

Honored Contributor

@NickNack   If she gets too rambunctious, she's crate trained. 

Honored Contributor

Buy her steps to use for your bed.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Just adorable. Glad you have a solution so she doesn't hurt herself again.

Esteemed Contributor

Why not get her a ramp? 

My cozi enjoys his.

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma   We had a ramp for Sadie and saved it. If the steps freak Molly out, the ramp is next.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

Ah, poor Sweet Molly.  Please give her a hug & kiss from me & let her know I'm praying for her to get well soon.  Heart

Our pet kids are so smart.  They know when injured or not feeling well, to not attempt the same thing again too soon.

So tough when our babies aren't well.  I hope she heals soon.  Thank you for letting us know.