Honored Contributor

Kingston Says Hi! From His Vacay!

Soooo, my 'Men' have been on a week-long camping and geo-caching trip since last Tuesday, due back this Wednesday 9/8 and reports are that they've been having a ball!

Dad reported that when they got to the state park, Fort Yargo State Park, in north GA , that he took Kingston on a trail for a walk and had a hard time getting his nose off of the ground to move on, LOL!

There were just too many new smells to enjoy, along with his new found freedom, after his 6 months of surgery/treatment for his ACL surgeries.

Dad reports that he's showing no signs of any limping or discomfort in either knee and last night he and Dad were having a 'date night' at Arby's for roast beef sandwiches, LOL!

Geeze, I miss my guys.....

I hope everyone had an enjoyable week-end and holiday!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Kingston Says Hi! From His Vacay!

This is such good news @KingstonsMom !  I'm so glad he's recovered so well and is even able to hike.  That's wonderful.  Thank you so much for the update.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Sounds wonderful with a good time had by all.  We understand the nose to the ground thing as we hiked with two bassetts.  They never raised their heads and did Bassett on the hunt pace. Subject to a 90 degree dart off to the side on a scent.  Kept us in good shape.  Isn't it wonderful to see your boy able to go adventuring?

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

That is great ,that boy deserves the best time.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom   Good news!  We just returned from an extensive RV trip with our little guy..  The intrigue of new scents was powerful.....constantly he wanted to go for walks,  So it was a smart idea to get your guys out of the trails.  Hope they are home soon, safe and sound!

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom,

That sounds so wonderful!

I especially love the roast beef sandwiches.😊 I can just picture Kingston loving it!🥰 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom Love it! Late DH and I used to stock up on Arby's a lot and glad your "guys" had a good time there! So glad that Kingston is having such a good time!

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom   Something's wrong here.  Your dog gets a better, more fun vacation than I do.  I guess he earned it though. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

You and me both, GF!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Hooray for Kingston!.....

🍔 🏕 ⛺️🦮🐾🐾