🐩🐢🐴 Keep Your Pets Safe This Weekend!🐦🐰🐈

Image may contain: text

Honored Contributor

Re: 🐩🐢🐴 Keep Your Pets Safe This Weekend!🐦🐰🐈

Very important,

Image result for thank you dog images

Honored Contributor

Thank you for sharing! Especially about the water! Fresh drinking water is so important in the heat! I probably change my dog water 5 or 6 times a day in the summer.

Trusted Contributor

I put a few ice cubes in my dog's water. He loves it!!!

Honored Contributor

My doggie is currently stretched out in front of the fan I position exactly on him. He isn't spoiled at.al...lol!

Seriously though, I have to be extra careful about these warmer days since my guy is old and gets heated easier now. He's never really liked warm weather- he is a misty, colder weather kind of dog. No walks in the heat of the day at all and doing underwater treadmill more often. 

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze, your post includes everything I say about my pupsters. The a/c cools my house very nicely in spite of temperatures already 90° here. I bought them a floor fan each to put right next to their beds anyway. Their vet said they are spoiled but they should be. They were shelter dogs and the little guy had it even worse because he barely survived in a puppy mill for over a year until animal control busted the place. The 64 animals were taken to an already crowded shelter. Not good but just about anything was better than living in a small wire cage outdoors.

I have a large covered patio and a huge shady, fenced back yard but they don't spend a whole lot of time out there. They've been my boys for many years so they are senior guys now. They look fotward to their evening walk but it's so hot and humid I sometimes wait until eight or nine at night.

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining I always have a soft spot for people that take in rescues so thank you!

And bless our sweet seniors.Sometimes I get sad thinking about those younger, crazier days when they played non-stop and ran like the wind and the house was full of three nuts but my husband says, "don't be sad- it is just a different phase in their life and has its' own special times and aspects. Also, just be thankful and happy you kep them healthy and happy for this long." which is so true since we've lost some as young as 4 years old (cancer). So I try to stay in the moment with them and appreciate every day with them, one day at a time. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

All those things are stuff you should be doing already, it really has nothing to do with Memorial day. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Yeah, and about the barbaque GRILL,  If by chance some of the hamberger/ meat grease and juices spill onto the gravel below the grill.  Pick up the contaminated gravel.  Especially if you have a dog that likes to put things in it's mouth anyway.  Dogs can and will eat the gravel  'cause it tastes good then you and he are stuck with a stomach full of rocks that have to be dealt with.  That and Corn Cobs. Don't let 'em eat corn cobs as they get stuck in the intestines.  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. 

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

Yeah, and about the barbaque GRILL,  If by chance some of the hamberger/ meat grease and juices spill onto the gravel below the grill.  Pick up the contaminated gravel.  Especially if you have a dog that likes to put things in it's mouth anyway.  Dogs can and will eat the gravel  'cause it tastes good then you and he are stuck with a stomach full of rocks that have to be dealt with.  That and Corn Cobs. Don't let 'em eat corn cobs as they get stuck in the intestines.  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. 

good point- my one dog would eat the pieces of charcoal that had drippings on it and fell out from the bbq grill! bad!