Trusted Contributor

Re: Interesting cat sanctuary.

@spumoni99    I have been following Furball Farm Cat Sanctuary for a year now.  Besides Facebook, they are also on Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.  I get alerts on my phone whenever they go live on Facebook and Instagram.  I am not near Minnesota, but I would love to visit Furball Farm some day.  They rely on donations, so lots of what you see on the video, is mostly all donated items for the cats. The two sisters who run Furball Farm are twins, Julie and Janis.  Check out the website and you can learn lots more about this awesome and beautiful sanctuary.  

Respected Contributor

@sophiesofers wrote:

@spumoni99    I have been following Furball Farm Cat Sanctuary for a year now.  Besides Facebook, they are also on Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.  I get alerts on my phone whenever they go live on Facebook and Instagram.  I am not near Minnesota, but I would love to visit Furball Farm some day.  They rely on donations, so lots of what you see on the video, is mostly all donated items for the cats. The two sisters who run Furball Farm are twins, Julie and Janis.  Check out the website and you can learn lots more about this awesome and beautiful sanctuary.  

I was checking out their website yesterday but I didn't realize the founders were twin sisters, really amazing makes me wonder how they initially were able to afford the large building etc. I always think I would love to do something like this if I won the lottery.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the recommendation.

Check out the Lanai Cat Sanctuary - also wonderful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for this thread, @spumoni99.❤️

I've been following a unique kitty sanctuary since seeing the 2018 documentary "Cats Cradle."

(see the video with a search for "Cats Cradle (2018) on Vimeo - Jonathan Napolitano")

""The couple welcomes older cats that have been abandoned due to the death or sickness of a previous owner.

“The cats come with different neuroses from where they were before… it’s very gratifying to see the transition from what they were when they came here to what they become,” says Bruce.

“It’s like they bloom,” adds Terry.
“They get to be what they’re meant to be.”

Cats Cradle is by turns heartwarming and heartbreaking as it showcases the love that exists between the quirky couple and their horde of cats. “These cats are old, and we’re old,” says Terry. “We have a sense of those issues.
We’re kind of bound together by it.
Just like feeding them, petting them, and loving them, you have to help [the cats] at the end.”

Napolitano, who himself has three cats, told The Atlantic that Terry and Bruce’s devotion to each other and their cats is unparalleled.
“You never know what's going to happen when you turn the camera on,” Napolitano said.
Bruce and Terry have something you can't fake. There's a lot of love in that house.”"

Cats Cradle (2018).jpg

Their Facebook page is "Cats Cradle Foundation" and they have a website, too.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Wow .... interesting place ... thanks.   Heart