Valued Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I use Chewy regularly for things I can't get locally or they have cheaper.

But I have had experiences with some products that have a short shelf life.  I just got a box of a dozen cat food pouches that expire this month.  That's one of the drawbacks for me--some things are only available in quantities.

Sorry you had a bad experience with them. I am very picky about expiration date's and always check them when I receive my order. I have always received cat food with expiration date's of at least a couple of year's from the date of purchase. I also rotate my stock of food. I'm not sure but I think if you had called them, them probably would have made thing's right.

Super Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I use Chewy regularly for things I can't get locally or they have cheaper.

But I have had experiences with some products that have a short shelf life.  I just got a box of a dozen cat food pouches that expire this month.  That's one of the drawbacks for me--some things are only available in quantities.

@geezerette  I hope you contacted them. Their customer service is top notch!!

Contributor

Chewy is absolutely the best company !!    When we informed them that we needed to cancel a medicine due to the passing of our precious girl Paisley,   within a few days we received a beautiful bouquet and a sweet card .  Now that is a special company that does that nowadays !   highly recommend Chewy !!!

Frequent Contributor

I ordered my cat's prescription food on auto ship from them for over 10 years.  When I cancelled because he had died Chewy sent me a sympathy card. 

It was a surprise and a very nice gesture.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I ordered a carton of cat food and litter from Chewy; it's too difficult for me to carry these packages from the store. 

I placed the order Tuesday and received it the next day! The cost wasn't any higher than what I paid at the grocery store. It's been a couple years since I last ordered from Chewy, but remember that I really liked their service. I don't know of any other company that delivers so quickly. I'll do business with them again. 

@teganslaw 

IMO, they have always been very good.  I've bought both a covered litter box and a sturdy cat tree from them, and the quality for both was top notch.

Plus ... as you say .... you can't beat something bulky delivered to your front door!  

Honored Contributor

Reminder  .......  Chewy is on the rebate sites, too!   

Regular Contributor

There are not enough words to express what a wonderful company Chewy is.  In my opinion, the best in the whole wide world.  I have been purchasing from them for many years. With nine cats and one dog my purchases are frequent.

Their telephone reps (male and female) are always so courteous and without fail, if need be, offer replacements or credit. They never ask for returns - just allows credit  and recommends donating items to the nearest animal shelter.  Even doing the height of COVID their deliveries were prompt.

I did learn the hard way to make smaller orders (free shipping when order is $49 or over) throughout the month instead of making one large monthly order that requires muscles to move.

Super Contributor

If only every company could be like Chewy, excellent.  I just ordered dog food and something was clearly wrong with it -- bad color and smell.  I emailed and received a new bag the next day.  I'm not sure if they never want you to send something back, but my experience has been they always wanted me to donate an item that didn't work.  Love them.

Honored Contributor

Same here!

My Sissy was on medication from Chewy that was very hard to find at one point. 

When she passed, I e-mailed them so they would cancel the next shipment. Not because of the money - it wasn't expensive - just in short supply. I wanted it to be available for the next pet & family that needed it.

Several days later, I too got a beautiful bouquet of flowers & a heart-felt handwritten card.

I will never forget that. As you all know, losing a pet is devastating & this simple act of kindness meant the world!

Trusted Contributor

I live in an apartment building with a lot of resident pets.  The lobby, where packages are delivered, often looks like a Chewy storage facility.  Clearly they are doing something right.