Honored Contributor

I never "expected" this ...and how beautifulšŸ¾šŸŒˆ of the Vet staff..

I got this beautiful card today totally "unexpected" but so beautiful.

I literally cried for hours after reading it and knowing we  met these technicians & vet  on "emergency basis".

So glad my regular vet was unavailable -- I don't recall them ever being so caring after I had to put Fricky's brother a few years ago home to šŸŒˆ.

This just moved me in a way I can't explain.  This week has been a bad one (spouse diagnosis) but the card was more than I could handle.  šŸ¤§šŸ¤§šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Yet knowing he was cared for so lovingly makes it more bearable (wish I could say the same for spouses doctorsšŸ˜‰).

Thank you for letting me have my "moment"...I miss him every minute of everydayā˜¹ļøšŸ¾

25BCACE7-4BA4-46A6-A8B1-D75A15302D90.jpeg

3396A610-BFB7-4B61-BFD8-1F292C45F68C.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: I never "expected" this ...and how beautifulšŸ¾šŸŒˆ of the Vet staff..

[ Edited ]

I am so happy for you.  Yes, our veterinary staff does that.  They seem to really love all the animals that come through their doors:  the vet, his wife and staff members.

Respected Contributor

I've had several vets who do that. One just recently, who only saw my mom's cat twice. It's always heartwarming.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday @Sushismom 

Obviously, I've been going to wrong vet šŸ¤”šŸ˜‰

No they're professional and nice, but, never more than this.

now more than ever IMO our pets give us comfort & joy.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Nonametoday @Sushismom 

Obviously, I've been going to wrong vet šŸ¤”šŸ˜‰

No they're professional and nice, but, never more than this.

now more than ever IMO our pets give us comfort & joy.

There was a vet I went to several times who didn't send a card after the death of my kitties. But, he was inexpensive and good. I recently changed to a closer vet who is also inexpensive so I was surprised to get a card after he euthanized my mother's cat. I'm sticking with him!

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom 

Personally, I didn't even know vets did this!  My friends who use the same vet said they've never received a card.

Maybe, this is the new way "newer" younger vets handle their practice.

Either way I was "touched by the kindness"!  I won't be falling in love with a new pet anytime soon!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think it has anything to do with age. Thirty six years ago, I received a card from the vets who euthanized one of my cats. That was the first time I ever received a card.

I always have a new kitty when one dies. I just can't live without them. Each is different and loved in their own way, but love them I do. I recently got Tommy a couple of months after Charlie died. He's white like Charlie but nothing else about him reminds me of Charlie. He looks completely different. Tommy is 7.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 -

I'm so glad their card made you feel comforted.

I got a card like that too when our first dog went to heaven.I had notified the vet as ours was at home. I was touched too and thought it was so thoughtful and a loving thing to do. The whole staff signed it too like yours and I loved how they talked about our boy like they loved him too.

It is a very kind thing to do and does mean a lot.

and I know -we will miss them forever! I always wish they could live as long as us and we just hold hands and paws and go fly away home together! Til then we have to feel their loving spirits every day with us.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

I don't think it has anything to do with age. Thirty six years ago, I received a card from the vets who euthanized one of my cats. That was the first time I ever received a card.

I always have a new kitty when one dies. I just can't live without them. Each is different and loved in their own way, but love them I do. I recently got Tommy a couple of months after Charlie died. He's white like Charlie but nothing else about him reminds me of Charlie. He looks completely different. Tommy is 7.

@Sushismom 

any time I have an animal die, my vet calls me wanting me to rescue one they have found themselves.  I just can't do it.  It takes me a while to get beyond that where I can love another animal.  It's that one that has been so special that I feel I cannot replace but eventually some sweet little paw catches my attention and I am in love all over again. Right now we have this sweet little chicken wh()re.  She will love you to death for a can of Sheba chicken and I am weak to her cunning ways.  

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  We received something very similar when Happy went to the Bridge.  Each person who worked at the vet's office had something to add to the card other than their name.  That level of caring means so much.  My condolences on the passing of Fricky.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!