Honored Contributor

My heart goes out to you on the loss of your beloved boy. I can relate to the deep pain and heartache that you're feeling right now as I have been down that same dark road many times before and will be again at some point as I'm mommy to five kitties that I rescued.

Please find solace in the fact that Henry always knew in his doggy heart how very much you loved him,that he was surrounded by that same love when you sent him to The Bridge with dignity and in peace, and that he's now running like a puppy with all of his new friends thru the sunlit meadows of that most blessed place.

After I post this I'm going to light a memorial candle for Henry (I love that name and named one of my kitties Henry) at the pet loss dot com site.

Sending you tons of healing prayers and Comfort Hugs.

(((((HeartHENRYSMOMHeart)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Lost my 18 year old kitty in March.  The more you love, the more it hurts.  I think of my boy often and will miss him for a long time to come.  I wish you the best and know you have a long grieving process ahead.  It won't hurt as much as time goes on.  Sorry for your loss.

Esteemed Contributor

So very sorry for your devastating loss.  Our furbabies are such precious souls, it rips our hearts out when we say that final goodbye.  But know, Henry will always be with you, not only in your heart and spirit, but a constant companion at your side watching over you from Heaven!  Watch for signs as Henry will be letting you know he is happy and still with you.Heart

Valued Contributor

I am so very sorry. My heart grieves with you. It's been 23 days since my Yorkie crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I am a mess. We love them so much, they take a piece of our heart with them. Please know I am thinking of you and will keep you in my prayers. Henry sounds like an amazing fur baby. It sounds like you treated him like a king and he couldn't have had a better life. Take care. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Henrysmom  What a beautiful tribute to your beloved dog, Henry.  He was blessed to have you as a mom and he knew the love you had for him.  If a last day experience can be "good" yours sounds so peaceful and one that doesn't have to be traumatic to think back on.  Henry gave you a gift at the end, just as you made the final act as his mom.

My thoughts and prayers are with you today.  You came to the right place to share your heart.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Frequent Contributor

My heart breaks just to read this. I am so, so sorry. It is so gut wrenching to let them go. I am facing the same thing with my almost 15 year old dachsund.  Trying to treat congestive heart falure along with the kidneys starting to fail. The vet told me I would "know" when the time came to make that painful decision - just unbearable to think about. Hugs to you. 

Contributor

With tears still falling, I have to THANK YOU all for your poignant responses.   They help

me and will continue to help me as I try to get through this horrible pain.  I talk to him out loud and still think I hear him or catch a brief glimpse of him.  I have asked him to come to me in my dreams, so that I can cherish yet another time of seeing him.   He was the light of my life.  We have all been there with our babies and it NEVER gets easier.  Henry

truly was in a class all by himself for me.  Thanks again, everyone.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry, @Henrysmom!!  It's hearbreaking to have to lose a furry member of the family.  They really are great friends, with you through good and bad. 

Image result for squirrel hugs sympathy

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry and my heart aches for you.  We have all been there and it never gets easier.  In fact, I think that it gets more difficult as we get older.

Beyond The Rainbow

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!
And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

By Cate Guyan

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Contributor

My thoughts will also be with you.  Indeed, it is heartwrenching.  But, I do know that my fabulous boy taught me so much about love......and I am sure it is the same for you.  Better to have had these experiences than not, as life would not be as rich without our precious loves.