Honored Contributor

I had to laugh. Kept hearing that little thumping noise...

Finally looked down. She is napping at my feet and her little tail is just a wagging.  She has the longer tail for a Yorkie.  My other two had the short tails, so this never happened with them, like it does with her.  She has to be dreaming, so I have to chuckle.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I had to laugh. Kept hearing that little thumping noise...

Don’t you just love the things they do to make us smile 😄

Regular Contributor

Don't you wonder what she's dreaming about?.....so sweet...

Valued Contributor

My my blond , light brown eyes Chihuahua follows me foot the foot like a duck. If I am cleaning the house or any chores. she gets angry by going her getting  in her bed(she has 3 beds). She likes me to just sit still and sit in my lap.My daughter- in-law got her for me on mother's day gift 4 years ago from the Humane Society. Love them both.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal  I love when they have happy dreams!   My now old-man (almost 14) used to suckle when he slept when he was a puppy.  I knew he was dreaming about one of his favorite activities.... eating, of course!  So CUTE.  

Honored Contributor

I've had dogs that did that.  I always loved watching them. 

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

Oh, so sweet. I love to watch them when they are dreaming. I had a maltese at one time I got from the humane society. He had been used for breeding and never got any love for a long time. Every once in a while, he would have a bad dream and would start to cry and whine. So I would wake him up very softly and quietly, and when he realized where he was, he would wag his tail. Broke my heart when he did that. 

I have a chihuhua now and every once in a while he wakes up from a dead sleep growling and barking with the hair on his back standing up. Then he gives me a very confused look. Like, what just happened? So funny!

cookin

Honored Contributor

When my beagles are asleep and dreaming (& snoring), their legs move like they’re running after a rabbit. Most likely they’re dreaming about running to the food bowl. Lol