Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma 

Tears streamed down my face as I read your post.  Bless your heart.  It would be wonderful if there were some sort of agency who could visit you with a dog.  I'm so sorry for your loss of your beloved Cozi.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

A large city about an hour's drive from us has a wonderful Humane Society.  They have a program where they will take your pet and find a good home for it when you can no longer care for it, or when you pass on.  The only requirement is that you include this in your Will, and that you include a bequest to the Humane Society in any amount (big or small) to help with costs.

DH and I have just completed our Wills and we feel so much better knowing that our 2 dogs will be taken good care of.  No one we know is in a position to take them in, so this is a wonderful solution for us.

Respected Contributor

My DH and I have made provision in our wills that if our cat (18 years old now) is still around when we die, for $10,000 to pay for her care when we're gone. I think either my sister or son will take her