Honored Contributor

Have you seen any of the shows, that shows 2 opposites of animals who are best friends?

I've seen a couple different ones, and am amazed. See no one told them they couldn't be friends, right? Last week it was a blind horse, guided and befriended by a goat. That's just this last week! I love these shows. Like the elephant and the dog, too. It's amazing.

Also, it's getting time for the Westminster Dog show next month too. I never seem to catch the show, really just want to see my toys dogs area. But I see what is reported always the next day.

Any comments on the duo's that you've seen?

Valued Contributor

Re: Have you seen any of the shows, that shows 2 opposites of animals who are best friends?

@qualitygal  No, I haven't seen these shows, but I will definitely look for them now.  I also love this type of story. Talk about no judgement. 

Are they on the animal channel maybe?

I enjoy all the dog shows too & especially like seeing the cocker spaniels. 😀

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

Re: Have you seen any of the shows, that shows 2 opposites of animals who are best friends?

@3cupcakes, It MUST be on the animal planet, I didn't even notice, sorry to say!

Honored Contributor

I've seen these too! It is called Unlikely Animal Friends and is on the National Geographic channel. It is both heartwarming and fascinating. Once I start watching, I can't stop.

I love the one with the deer and the dog who were friends ever since they discovered each other when they were little, on into old age. This one is on youtube as well and called "The deer and the dog-Best friends forever"The deer is Pippin and the dog is KateSmiley Happy

Lookit!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

@qualitygal  @on the bay  thank you both for posting about such a wonderful show & where it's shown.  i'll be watching!  Smiley Surprised)

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

Hi 3cupcakes (I love cupcakes!)

It seems the next show will be on Monday Jan 25th at 12pm-an odd time and I'm not sure these shows are on regularly.

I saw one website asking people to submit their own stories of unlikely animal friends to be featured on the show.

But you can also watch many online just by searching under the name-unlikely animal friends and you probably will not be able to watch just one! It might be on tv at different days and times in different states.

Unlikely Animal Friends

Heartwarming stories paint pictures about surprising animal odd couples.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"