Honored Contributor

Re: Getting Smell Out Of Rug

The only odor neutralizer I've used in my household for years has been M110432, Don Aslett X-O.  It even removes skunk and heavy musty odors. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

@NickNack

Go to AllDogBoots website. They have lots of boots. We buy hers from the little dog section of the site. Call the store. The lady is siper helpful. My Shih Tzu is picky about booties. Most are too hard-soled for her to wear. She ends up walking on tippy toes, as if sje were a ballerina. Then, she justsitsdown and won't budhe. We had lots of rejects, which I rehome to shelters and fosters. Smiley Happy My Shih Tzumalso cannot wear the zip up booties because herhair gets caught. 

She only likes soft soled, velcro booties. Smiley Happy

We buy here these waterproof ones:

SOFT SOLE WATERPROOF WINTER DOG BOOTIES - RED

SSWINRED-2T.jpg

They come in both red and in blue. They are easy for small dogs to wear, as the material is soft and flexible. They are secure with velcro, so no slipping out of them! 

Note:

My Shih Tzu is a bit of a princess. If she does not want to walk, she will do a donkey stance and just not budge. If you try to nudge her along, she will roll her toes along the sidewalk...ugh. lol I am patient and work to get her moving, but I get the midday walks. Smiley Happy  Hubby has early morning and late night duty. His patience at 6 am and midnight is ......more like tugging her along. As a result, the toe part of these boots can get worn easilly. I have quite a few pair that look like open toe boots. They got tossed Lol The lady at the store told me she had a glue that helps to reinforce the toe area. It works! So if your pup is like mine, get that glue and put it on the toe area beforemyou let him wear the boots. It took a while to dry, so do it a day in advance.

They do also have boots with reinforced too kicks, but they are too stiff for my Tzu's dainty paws. haha  If Frankie has strong ankles though, you may want to get those.

Waterproof...

These keep the feet dry in normal rain and snow. However, theymwould probably get wet if jemstood in a puddle for a while, as they are fabric....not plastic or rubber. And of course, if he wears a hole through the toe, his paws will get wet.

All in all, I LOVE these cute booties! She wears Medium in the front, and small in the back. Yes, I had to buy 2 pairs, but it was worth it. Your breed may not have this sizing issue, but measure his paws nonetheless before ordering.

HTH

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack I have the same problem with my little Daisy.  She sticks her nose out the door ,feels rain and she's done with outside.  I keep a potty pad in the laundry room during rainy days and that has solved any stinky rug problems. She will use it if it's there. Try it.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

All I used was Dawn dishwashing liquid water and a brush, lifted stain and smell. 

Trusted Contributor

White vinegar diluted with water in a spray bottle will get any smell out.