Trusted Contributor

Re: Beloved pets from days gone by.❤️❤️❤️

My sister and I were left without a pet for a few months, we decided we needed to love one again. 
This is our Gracie, we found her at our local Humane Society. We wanted a small dog we could lift easily, one that was 10 or so years. Dear sister found her, she was seven and 35 pounds.

Gracie was part Basset, Cocker and some type of Australian dog, she had hair growing to her feet. She loved everyone, man, woman, child and cats and squirrels.

A year later we rescued our Angus, he was near death. Gracie took him over as if she was his mother.

Gracie passed away 12 years ago of cancer and is missed everyday.

Here's Gracie in the Sacramento River under the Sundial Bridge. 

IMG_1063.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Our first two Bloodline pups were Jeremiah, then Moonshine because he looked like he had had a bucket of moonshine!  They were BIG!  Jeremiah was 150 lbs!  He would put his paws on my shoulders; his nose hit my hair line!  He was a stunner.  Moonshine, the sweeter, wasn't as well chiseled but we adored them.

Molasses, the sweet, darling chocolate lab.  Always loving.

Levi, our son's American Bull dog; we kept him when DS married.  White with a black eye.  Such a love that lived 15 years.

Smokey Blue, (Smokey Mountains, Blue Ridge Mountains) American Bull dog; the most loving we have ever had; he walked to you with his head down for a pat.  We lost him to rare cancer on his spine at 1 year. old.

Shadow Cove my avatair.  He gets lost in a Shadow and we live in a cove.  What a love.

20210512_211459.jpg

Respected Contributor

@AlsaceGal   Such a sweet looking Spaniel.

Trusted Contributor

Our sweet Jakey gone from us for six years now.  He was the sweetest and silliest dog, full of personality and his favorite past time was going for car rides, looking for any four legged animal that he could bark at.  Lol

IMG_1408.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG 

Your description of your pups sound wonderful, Shadow Cove is beautiful.❤️

Trusted Contributor

@Pezzie 

Your Sweet Jakey  is very cute and he has a ride fit for king. 
Sometimes I think they bark at other dogs to announce the top dog has arrived and to step aside. ❤️

Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting this on this special day that glorifies love @AlsaceGal!

All of the pictures of your sweet kitties and pups are just precious. I know you all loved them and they returned that love - unconditionally. 

My first best friend was a German Shepherd. She died when I was 5. She had been in my dad's life before he and my mom married. Mom was lucky she approved of her!

From the time I was 12 it was all about the kitties in my life. There was just one, but she brought DH and me together. However, she did not like him! We got a Siamese older kitten as a wedding present, then added a beautiful white kitten someone found in a bag tied shut in the garbage. Then through the years our feline family grew to three at a time, and now four. 

So many sweet pets who changed their humans' lives.

IMG_2767.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Beautiful dogs and cats!

Here is a photo of my past pooches.......now I live w/the BF and his crazy Siberian. 

Capture.JPG

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Thank you for posting this on this special day that glorifies love @AlsaceGal!

All of the pictures of your sweet kitties and pups are just precious. I know you all loved them and they returned that love - unconditionally. 

My first best friend was a German Shepherd. She died when I was 5. She had been in my dad's life before he and my mom married. Mom was lucky she approved of her!

From the time I was 12 it was all about the kitties in my life. There was just one, but she brought DH and me together. However, she did not like him! We got a Siamese older kitten as a wedding present, then added a beautiful white kitten someone found in a bag tied shut in the garbage. Then through the years our feline family grew to three at a time, and now four. 

So many sweet pets who changed their humans' lives.

IMG_2767.jpeg

You are so very welcome. As you loved your kittens and pups it is a gift we've been given to share and care for our pups and cats.I know without a doubt our pets loved us as much as we loved them.

Your story of finding a kitten in a bag, it reminds me of finding my sweet Brandy a flat haired retriever. I lived in the Santa Cruz mountains in the mid 80's and I walked two miles every morning.  During one of my walks a car slowed down and tossed a brown bag out the window. Of course I was curious and the bag moved and I heard a whimpering, it was a pup with puppy breath and a puppy tummy. I took my sweet pup home and she was my loyal companion for over 18 years. Brandy loved my dear sister and Rosie.

Trusted Contributor

@cindyNC 

Thsnk you! Your precious and beloved pooches are beautiful. ❤️