Respected Contributor

We just adopted again after loosing our pup.  This makes me smile.adoptionjpg.jpg

Respected Contributor

That is sweet.  Wish I could adopt another, but I have enough expenses with the one I have.

Honored Contributor

Congrats on the new addition to your family!!   Heart  Rescue animals are so grateful and so full of love.   

I've posted this before, but it's one of my favorites ....  the kitty is so sweet.    Heart

Super Contributor

Congrats! IMO, it's the only way to go.

Respected Contributor

I cry when I see those ads showing sad little dog faces, looking for a home - I just wish all dogs that are adopted went to good homes. 

Honored Contributor

I often tell my birds about the day I was blessed when they came to join the family.  Two were hatched here, one was 4 days old and still blind so I doubt they remembered, but I tell them anyway.  I even tell my pigeon about how lucky I was when he found me.  I think he was a few months old and frankly I hope he don't remember how he found me (survived an animal attack).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations to you and to your new pup.  Wish you many years of happiness together!

Respected Contributor

Re: Adoption...

[ Edited ]

Thank you.  We had to take her in which is so much harder than them going in their sleep.  Knew we wouldn't heal our hearts unless we opened it up for another pup.  We went online and found him two hours away.  He will never replace the other pup but he doesn't have to.  Here is DH and our new pup on our morning walk around our subdivision. He's a little JRT.vitofountain.jpg

Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch

What a beautiful little dog.

All of the cats and dogs in my life were assisted to the rainbow bridge by a veterinarian so I know how hard that is.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

All of our pets have been adopted. We lost our 17 year old Chihuahua in March and haven't gotten another yet. He was so expensive with Vet bills that I hesitate to go thru that again. Once you take the pet he/she is yours until the day they die. They rely on you for everything and it is an awesome responsibility. We loved all our pets and went thru the grieving process when they died. But, we also remember the joy that they brought into our lives. Not ready for another yet, but who knows.